sysconf pagesize syscall for Solaris2.3
Author Message
 sysconf pagesize syscall for Solaris2.3

I am trying to get the pagesize from a Solaris 2.3 machine using syscall
but syscall.ph doesn't seem to recognize sysconf(3C).  Are there any
Solaris Perl extensions I could use or does someone know a way to access
the values of configurable system limits?

        -- Dave

--
On Site at Wright Labs, WPAFB              | Dave Pippenger
Model Based Vision Lab                     | System Administrator

Sat, 27 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 sysconf pagesize syscall for Solaris2.3

Quote:
> I am trying to get the pagesize from a Solaris 2.3 machine using syscall
> but syscall.ph doesn't seem to recognize sysconf(3C).  Are there any
> Solaris Perl extensions I could use or does someone know a way to access
> the values of configurable system limits?

For Perl 5:

use POSIX;

print sysconf(_SC_CHILD_MAX);

Quote:
>    -- Dave

Tim.

Sun, 28 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 sysconf pagesize syscall for Solaris2.3

Quote:
>I am trying to get the pagesize from a Solaris 2.3 machine using syscall
>but syscall.ph doesn't seem to recognize sysconf(3C).  Are there any
>Solaris Perl extensions I could use or does someone know a way to access
>the values of configurable system limits?

The function is called "sysconf".

The system call is called "sysconfig".

The sysconfig system call takes arguments as _CONFIG_PAGESIZE,
niet _SC_PAGESIZE.

(include sysconfig.ph for those values)

require 'sys/sysconfig.ph';
require 'sys/syscall.ph';

$pagesize = syscall(&SYS_sysconfig, &_CONFIG_PAGESIZE);

Casper

Sun, 28 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. go4gw/gonnrp hanging on solaris2.3 net call on Solaris2.3 machine

2. solution re changing pagesize in DB_File

3. Plum sysconf.pl for linux ?

4. sysconf.pl for solaris 2/plum

5. can't compile curseperl (4.x) on solaris2.3

6. DBD::Oracle on Solaris2.6 ?

7. Help Needed on Solaris2.3

8. This Must be BETA!: passes all tests when compiled on Solaris2

9. Problems COMPILING perl with Solaris2.3...help

10. perl5a12e build status=success on Solaris2 w. SparcCompiler

11. p5a121a: bld/test result:(3 tests Failed):solaris2.4:sparc compiler

12. tkperl @solaris2.3 using perl5a11d