posting to external script within perl
Author Message
 posting to external script within perl

I am trying to find the correct module that will allow me to
post form input from a script on my server to a script
located on another server and then read back the results
of the external script...

For example, I have a form called signup.htm which posts
to signup.pl on my server.  Within the signup.pl script, it should
be able to then post specified form input to
http://www.*-*-*.com/
and then beable to read back the results from that script all without
the user knowing about what's going on behind the scenes..

Which module would I use for this?  I would like options for both
SSL posting and non SSL posting.

I would also appreciate a sample perl script which would illustrate
how I may do the above...

Thanks for your help.

Dan

Thu, 25 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 posting to external script within perl

Dan> I am trying to find the correct module that will allow me to
Dan> post form input from a script on my server to a script
Dan> located on another server and then read back the results
Dan> of the external script...

This message was also posted to comp.lang.perl.modules.

DON'T answer here.  See the thread over there.

Web: <A HREF="http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/">My Home Page!</A>
Quote: "I'm telling you, if I could have five lines in my .sig, I would!" -- me

Fri, 26 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 posting to external script within perl

Quote:

>I am trying to find the correct module that will allow me to
>post form input from a script on my server to a script
>located on another server and then read back the results
>of the external script...

The LWP module is best for this. The docs for it include examples.

HTH!

-grinch

Fri, 26 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. calling an external script within a script?

2. RUNNING an external program from within a Perl script

3. Controlling multiple external applications within a perl script

4. posting to another script within perl

5. Problem with Unix pipe within perl script (also posted in comp.unix.programmer)

6. How to execute an external Perl script in a Perl script

7. Newbie: best way to call perl scripts from within a perl script

8. How to execute a perl script from within a perl script and return info

9. How: Run Perl Script Within Perl Script !!

10. CGI-Calling a Perl script within a Perl script

11. Calling a perl script from within another perl script

12. Perl Scripts from within Perl Scripts called via DBI