Win32::ODBC, Perl SQL vs. standard SQL
Author Message
 Win32::ODBC, Perl SQL vs. standard SQL

I am looking for a list of character differences between standard SQL
and SQL commands run from Perl using Win32::ODBC.

I know there are some differences in how certain characters are
implemented, but I need a list of exactly which characters and
commands are different.  I have done some searching on the net through
such pages as Dave Roth's great site, but I haven't found any
comprehensive documents on what I am looking for.

Anyway, thanks in advance;
<Douglas Leonard>

Sat, 30 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Win32::ODBC, Perl SQL vs. standard SQL

Quote:

> I am looking for a list of character differences between standard SQL
> and SQL commands run from Perl using Win32::ODBC.

> I know there are some differences in how certain characters are
> implemented, but I need a list of exactly which characters and
> commands are different.  I have done some searching on the net through
> such pages as Dave Roth's great site, but I haven't found any
> comprehensive documents on what I am looking for.

> Anyway, thanks in advance;
> <Douglas Leonard>

Win32::ODBC or DBI/DBD::ODBC just show the same behaviour as any other
ODBC application. So read up on ODBC.

If I read your question right you want to know how character data get's
transformed when stored in or retrieved from a database. That mainly
depends on the database you use and its language settings.

If you want to know which SQL commands you can use with ODBC just look
the documentation of your database and your ODBC driver. They should
also talk about "ODBC escape clauses" there.

Yours
  Hendrik

Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Sec. 227,
any and all unsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address
is subject to a download and archival fee in the amount of $500
US (per infraction).  E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.

--
Hendrik W"ordehoff         |s  |d &|m  |  software design & management
                           |   |   |   |  GmbH & Co. KG                :

Tel/Fax (089) 63812-337/515               81737 M"unchen               :

Sat, 07 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. SQL Server 7 and Win32::ODBC perl module

2. SQL Server 7 and Win32::ODBC perl module

3. DBD::ODBC::db prepare failed: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'tblClient'. (SQL-S0002)

4. LONG: Req: Help in retrieving values from SQL Server stored procedure using Win32::ODBC

5. Q: Can't connect to SQL data source name via Win32::ODBC API

6. looping through an sql query using win32::odbc

7. Win32:ODBC and Microsoft's SQL Server 6.5

8. SQL error 170 using Win32::ODBC

9. SQL Pass-thru query with Win32::ODBC?

10. Win32::ODBC and Sql

11. Win32::ODBC and transactions with SQL Server

12. SQL & win32::ODBC