using the for command with effect
Author Message
 using the for command with effect

I have an earlier problem that I believe could be solved with a nice application of the for statement but I don't know exactly how to make this work without 3+ hrs of work.
the death of one man is a tragedy the death of a million is a statistic
--Joseph Stalin

http://www.*-*-*.com/ - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers!  ==-----

Mon, 30 Aug 2004 03:07:25 GMT
 using the for command with effect
On 13 Mar 2002 20:07:25 -0600,

Quote:

> I have an earlier problem that I believe could be solved with a nice
> application of the for statement but I don't know exactly how to
> make this work without 3+ hrs of work.

Will you please stop polluting the group with this crud, and be
patient? This post of yours doesn't even make sense without reading
the whole train of other posts you spewed here. Post once, lucidly,
then wait.

Martien
--

Martien Verbruggen      | Failure is not an option. It comes bundled
Trading Post Australia  | with your Microsoft product.

Mon, 30 Aug 2004 03:25:43 GMT
 using the for command with effect

Quote:

> I have an earlier problem that I believe could be solved with a nice
> application of the for statement but I don't know exactly how to make
> this work without 3+ hrs of work.

Have you tried reading the docs? Which docs?

--

Mon, 30 Aug 2004 03:28:11 GMT
 using the for command with effect

Quote:
> I have an earlier problem that I believe could be solved with a nice

application of the for statement but I don't know exactly how to make this
work without 3+ hrs of work.

Ok.
So, WHAT is your problem to begin with ("I've an earlier problem" is not a
very detailed problem description). Without telling us it's impossible to
help you (sorry my crystal ball is broken).

jue

Mon, 30 Aug 2004 18:20:29 GMT
 using the for command with effect
I can help

rtfm

--
Jeremy Mordkoff
Registrar & webmaster, New England Over-the-Hill Soccer League

Peace, Love, Truth, Beauty, Soccer

Quote:

> > I have an earlier problem that I believe could be solved with a nice
> application of the for statement but I don't know exactly how to make this
> work without 3+ hrs of work.

> Ok.
> So, WHAT is your problem to begin with ("I've an earlier problem" is not a
> very detailed problem description). Without telling us it's impossible to
> help you (sorry my crystal ball is broken).

> jue

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 03:41:28 GMT

1. Perl on aix 4,1.3 - can't get stty to effect ps command output

2. Creating the right effect using CGI.pm

3. HELP NEEDED with regexp side effects!!

4. how to reproduce the |$ csh effect on open()?

5. side effect of 'use integer'?

6. : Subtle effect of parenthesis

7. open pragma appears to have no effect

8. undoing the side effects of tar

9. kill side effects?

10. tie(*STDERR, ..) -- unexpected side effects

11. strange effect in perl5

12. CPWI - Strange side effects in perl program!