Net::RawIP anybody can help? 
Author Message
 Net::RawIP anybody can help?

I set source source to an adress (in ip => {...}) to some others host adress
to fake a ip (udp) package to look like from another host. But send told me
that it could not send this package ("sendto(): Cannot assign requested
adress")  because it could n't be assigned. Is it possible to fake an IP
package with Net::RawIP and how does it work? I think it should be possible
because this package is intended to manipulate IP packages.

Note: I am using Irix 5.3, Net::RawIP compiled fine



Sun, 23 Nov 2003 03:14:39 GMT  
 Net::RawIP anybody can help?

Quote:

> I set source source to an adress (in ip => {...}) to some others host adress
> to fake a ip (udp) package to look like from another host. But send told me
> that it could not send this package ("sendto(): Cannot assign requested
> adress")  because it could n't be assigned. Is it possible to fake an IP
> package with Net::RawIP and how does it work? I think it should be possible
> because this package is intended to manipulate IP packages.

Indeed it is, and it's worked fine for me.  Spoofing packets is a
useful White Hat tool, although Black Hats can certainly use it for
their own nefarious purposes.  I've used Net::Rawip extensively to
troubleshoot connectivity problems through firewalls.

Quote:
> Note: I am using Irix 5.3, Net::RawIP compiled fine

I suppose there could be an issue with Irix; it's worked for me on
Solaris, FreeBSD, and Linux.  Here's an example that should send
a UDP packet from 10.1.2.3:1234 to 10.3.4.5:5678:

#!/usr/bin/perl -Tw

use Net::RawIP;
use strict;

my $ip = Net::RawIP->new({
    ip => {
        saddr => "10.1.2.3",
        daddr => "10.3.4.5",
    },
    udp => {
        source => "1234",
        dest   => "5678",
        data   => "What hath Larry wrought?",
    },

Quote:
});

$ip->send(0, 1);

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/



Sun, 23 Nov 2003 06:54:17 GMT  
 Net::RawIP anybody can help?
Thanks! The example looks exactly like the one I wrote. I think it shoudkl
work well on Irix, because everything compiled fine without errors and Irix
is also able to create packages with other tools.

Alex



Quote:

> > I set source source to an adress (in ip => {...}) to some others host
adress
> > to fake a ip (udp) package to look like from another host. But send told
me
> > that it could not send this package ("sendto(): Cannot assign requested
> > adress")  because it could n't be assigned. Is it possible to fake an IP
> > package with Net::RawIP and how does it work? I think it should be
possible
> > because this package is intended to manipulate IP packages.

> Indeed it is, and it's worked fine for me.  Spoofing packets is a
> useful White Hat tool, although Black Hats can certainly use it for
> their own nefarious purposes.  I've used Net::Rawip extensively to
> troubleshoot connectivity problems through firewalls.

> > Note: I am using Irix 5.3, Net::RawIP compiled fine

> I suppose there could be an issue with Irix; it's worked for me on
> Solaris, FreeBSD, and Linux.  Here's an example that should send
> a UDP packet from 10.1.2.3:1234 to 10.3.4.5:5678:

> #!/usr/bin/perl -Tw

> use Net::RawIP;
> use strict;

> my $ip = Net::RawIP->new({
>     ip => {
>         saddr => "10.1.2.3",
>         daddr => "10.3.4.5",
>     },
>     udp => {
>         source => "1234",
>         dest   => "5678",
>         data   => "What hath Larry wrought?",
>     },
> });

> $ip->send(0, 1);

> --
> Michael Fuhr
> http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/



Sun, 23 Nov 2003 14:49:35 GMT  
 Net::RawIP anybody can help?
I tested some other things but it doesn't seem to work. :-(

Alex



Quote:
> Thanks! The example looks exactly like the one I wrote. I think it shoudkl
> work well on Irix, because everything compiled fine without errors and
Irix
> is also able to create packages with other tools.

> Alex




> > > I set source source to an adress (in ip => {...}) to some others host
> adress
> > > to fake a ip (udp) package to look like from another host. But send
told
> me
> > > that it could not send this package ("sendto(): Cannot assign
requested
> > > adress")  because it could n't be assigned. Is it possible to fake an
IP
> > > package with Net::RawIP and how does it work? I think it should be
> possible
> > > because this package is intended to manipulate IP packages.

> > Indeed it is, and it's worked fine for me.  Spoofing packets is a
> > useful White Hat tool, although Black Hats can certainly use it for
> > their own nefarious purposes.  I've used Net::Rawip extensively to
> > troubleshoot connectivity problems through firewalls.

> > > Note: I am using Irix 5.3, Net::RawIP compiled fine

> > I suppose there could be an issue with Irix; it's worked for me on
> > Solaris, FreeBSD, and Linux.  Here's an example that should send
> > a UDP packet from 10.1.2.3:1234 to 10.3.4.5:5678:

> > #!/usr/bin/perl -Tw

> > use Net::RawIP;
> > use strict;

> > my $ip = Net::RawIP->new({
> >     ip => {
> >         saddr => "10.1.2.3",
> >         daddr => "10.3.4.5",
> >     },
> >     udp => {
> >         source => "1234",
> >         dest   => "5678",
> >         data   => "What hath Larry wrought?",
> >     },
> > });

> > $ip->send(0, 1);

> > --
> > Michael Fuhr
> > http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/



Sun, 23 Nov 2003 21:16:41 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Net::RawIP anybody can help?

2. Building Net::RawIP

3. Net::RawIP make

4. Any other modules for win2k like Net::RawIP

5. Sending data with Net::RawIP

6. Net::RawIP equivalent in Win32?

7. perl-Net-RawIP-0.09d-1.i386.rpm

8. net::rawip question

9. Sending data with Net::RawIP

10. Net::RawIP

11. Net::RawIP

12. ANNOUNCE: Net::RawIP 0.03 released

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software