real stupid real quick win95/perl ??
Author Message
 real stupid real quick win95/perl ??

  Hi all....

    I know this is stupid *but* what the heck does perl5 for win32 call as
a pre-processor ?? I cant get anything but 'bad command or filename' from
perl -P ??  I use Perl 5 r 107(9 ?) for win95/NT and djgpp.  So far I have
tried creating programs(and .bats) called 'cpp.exe(bat) cc.XX cppstdin.XX
go dice...ok then I tried creating env. vars with the above names - still
no go ! :P - Hmm..scan the perl binaries for strings no dice

I surrendered...I know its a lame question...but please dont make me hunt
through the source :) ( takes FOREVER to d/l at 14.4 :)  )

Oh..while I'm at it..what is the diff. between fork() and the win32
process spawner ??  I was kinda perturbed to see fork was not supported...
but there is a new win32 specific file included for spawning a process
why ??

Ok...Sorry for the stupid ?? but its 4 am and I ran out of coffee :)

thanx all ... Hope ya get a grin out of this :) - I prolly have to define
MSVC_CPP :)

Note: Public thanx to MicroSoft for supporting the win32 Perl port...
      First time I ever had anything nice to say bout MS :)

thanx,
Steve

shindle                                   __  __     ____  ___       ___ ____

                                        /   / \  / / / / /__ /  \/ /___  /-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thu, 21 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Here a real stupid question

2. quick question about real-time display of print output

3. Real quick: What is the Server Name?

4. real quick and easy - replace....

5. Real Perl Problem...

6. Really real newbie to Perl

7. review my first REAL perl script...? :-)

8. Real Perl programmer needed to clean up an amateurs code

9. Reading real process start times in Perl

10. Perl in "real life" and Unify

11. Real versus system time for Perl scripts

12. perl script (pull function) for real time animation in nscape