Script to parse C function headers, generate Frame MIF
Author Message
 Script to parse C function headers, generate Frame MIF

: Now that I need to generate about 400 UNIX-style function manpages in
: Frame, I'd love to find a tool to automate part of the process.

: I'm looking either for a script that generates MIF so I can see how it can
: be done or a script that parses C include files to generate manpages from
: the function headers.  There's supposed to be a Visual Basic program that
: parses the C files and generates MS Word (or RTF).

: I'll take a script in any language, though something high-level like perl
: would be ideal.

: thanks for any ideas.

Sounds exactly like the Perl POD documentation method.  See the perlpod(1)
man page for details.

Also, I would examine some of the Perl modules (like Config.pm) for
an example of the tool.

You could easily adapt pod2man for your purposes.

Regards,
--
Mike Heins                                                    ___       ___
                                    Internet Robotics        |_ _|____ |_ _|

Fri, 15 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Script to parse C function headers, generate Frame MIF
Now that I need to generate about 400 UNIX-style function manpages in
Frame, I'd love to find a tool to automate part of the process.

I'm looking either for a script that generates MIF so I can see how it can
be done or a script that parses C include files to generate manpages from
the function headers.  There's supposed to be a Visual Basic program that
parses the C files and generates MS Word (or RTF).

I'll take a script in any language, though something high-level like perl
would be ideal.

thanks for any ideas.

--
Joshua Goldman
Open Media Framework group at Avid Technology

Fri, 15 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Parsing Frame MIF with perl

2. ANNOUNCE: Perl SGML/HTML/Mosaic/Frame MIF tools

3. conversion hex->ascii, ascii->mif, oder hex->mif

4. MIF file parsing hints?

5. Wanted: Perl Script to parse email headers and body

6. module/script to parse c++ headers?

7. perl generated pages and frames...

8. cgi-html generated in different frame

9. Possible to generate html frames from perl ???

10. Generating Frame within CGI

11. Generating Frame within CGI

12. Frames and Headers