Only allow once instance of a script?
Author Message
 Only allow once instance of a script?

Hi,

How can I make a script automatically terminate if an instance of it is
already executing?

Ta,

Jeff

Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:30:45 GMT
 Only allow once instance of a script?

Bob> How can I make a script automatically terminate if an instance of it is
Bob> already executing?

(1) go to google
(2) type:

        site:stonehenge.com highlander

into the search box
(3) press "I feel lucky"
(4) note the steps you took, and replace highlander with other
Perl words of interest from time to time. :)

Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:39:18 GMT

1. Too many instances of perl.exe at once!

2. Instance Data / Instance Variables

3. instances of a script writing to a file

4. Piping the instances from the Postgres database to PERL CGI script

5. No -e allowed in setuid scripts?

6. no -e allowed in setuid scripts?

7. Setuid shell scripts not allowed

8. No -e allowed in setuid scripts

9. how to only allow calls to perl or cgi script from certain page

10. in-place file editing once script started

11. posting form data to 2 scripts at once

12. Two scripts at once?