Need Source for search engine like google/yahoo
Author Message
 Need Source for search engine like google/yahoo

Quote:

>  I am planning to develop a search engine like yahoo/ Google for our
>small community.

Yahoo and Google are very different, actually.

Do you want to have the ability for anyone to search for files only on
your web site?  Or do you want something else.

Quote:
> I am thinking to develop using Perl /PHP/ASP, MY Sql
>& Linux.

Personally, I'd consider using an existing tool.  As you might expect,
others have run into this problem before, and there are lots of
solutions that have already been developed.

One popular solution is called webglimpse; see http://www.*-*-*.com/

You might also want to check out http://www.*-*-*.com/

  - Logan
--
"In order to be prepared to hope in what does not deceive,
 we must first lose hope in everything that deceives."

                                          Georges Bernanos

Sun, 16 May 2004 03:16:44 GMT
 Need Source for search engine like google/yahoo

Quote:

>  I am planning to develop a search engine like yahoo/ Google for our
>small community. I am thinking to develop using Perl /PHP/ASP, MY Sql
>& Linux. The site is a non commercial one. If any body have any source

>didnt found the exact application i need. If any one found it on web
>or if u developed, plz mail me.

I think CPAN might be of some use. In particular, Search::InvertedIndex
and DBIx::FullTextSearch look promising.

--
        Bart.

Sun, 16 May 2004 13:13:16 GMT

1. Need Source for search engine like google/yahoo

2. Need source for calling search engines

3. How to write search engine like Yahoo??

4. How to write search engine like yahoo?

5. yahoo like search engine

6. How to write search engine like Yahoo??

7. How to write search engine like yahoo?

8. Looking for a Yahoo-like search engine/directory

9. Indexing Search Engine like Yahoo!

10. How-To search engine on search engines/mlml

11. Cgi Source Code for Search Engine

12. Devoo.com : source code search engine