Running a CGI script without change the brower??
Author Message
 Running a CGI script without change the brower??

Hi all,
    I have a perl cgi script that each time a user run the script(e.g. input
a staff ID), it must return a message or redirect to others URL. But the
problem is everyday about a hundred of users run this script on a PC. They
don't want the brower refresh each time. I have seen something about the
status code "204". Can anyone help how to do the in a perl scipt?
thanks in advance
antony

Sat, 27 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Running a CGI script without change the brower??

Quote:
> I have seen something about the
> status code "204". Can anyone help how to do the in a perl scipt?

Instead of printing the usual Content-type header for HTML:

 print "Content-type: text/html\n\n"

Try this:

 print "Content-type: text/plain\n";
 print "Status: 204 No Response\n\n";
 print "You should only see this message if your browser does";
 print "not support the status code 204\n";

Good luck!
Ed

Sat, 27 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Perl CGI scripts won't run without -w switch (under Apache 1.3.x)

2. file uploading without brower

3. run cgi script from cgi script ?

4. perl cgi and brower timeouts

5. CGI scripts executing other Perl scripts without hanging?

6. CGI.pm automatically runs code without waiting for submit button

7. run another script from this one (without qx{})

8. running a shell script through Perl without waiting for the return status

9. HELP: Running a script without a form

10. run perl script in background when html loads, without user intervention

11. Running Perl scripts without a server

12. changing the output file for every script run