Question about development environment on NT from unix perler
Author Message
 Question about development environment on NT from unix perler

Hello group,

I have been doing all of my development via ssh to unix servers, writing
and testing on unix box.

I am be having to develop on NT shortly. My questions about programming
practices is for anyone doing work on Windows NT platform.

How do you set up your environment?  Do you do everything on your local
machine, coding, testing, etc and then move it to the NT box?

I have ran telnet on NT - ugly - because everything is graphical.

Do you use cygwin on your local and NT box?

I am just trying to get a feel for the development environment. I have
written text mode apps and services for the NT but I have never written
full blown cgi apps on NT yet and would like to get started.

Thanks to all for any comments or help in any way.

#Joseph Norris (Perl - what else is there?/Linux/CGI/Mysql)

-68,4,-3,-1,7,1,14,-68,-26,11,15,1,12,4,-68,-22,11,14,14,5,15,-90);

Sat, 29 May 2004 19:06:07 GMT
 Question about development environment on NT from unix perler

> I have been doing all of my development via ssh to unix servers, writing
> and testing on unix box.

> I am be having to develop on NT shortly. My questions about programming
> practices is for anyone doing work on Windows NT platform.

> How do you set up your environment?  Do you do everything on your local
> machine, coding, testing, etc and then move it to the NT box?

Why not just make your local machine an NT box?  Then everything is easy
-- ActiveState Perl run locally, local web server of your preference,
and a decent editor like vim.  Almost as good as Linux, except for the
blue screens.

Quote:

> I have ran telnet on NT - ugly - because everything is graphical.

> Do you use cygwin on your local and NT box?

I have it, but I don't use it for much.  Certainly for nothing dealing
with CGI.

> #Joseph Norris (Perl - what else is there?/Linux/CGI/Mysql)

Bob Walton

Sun, 30 May 2004 03:42:01 GMT

1. PERL/NT development environment/guru setup out there ?

2. Cross platform development, UNIX <--> NT

3. Windows Perl Development Environment

4. Development / Test Environments

5. Development of perl code for working in different environments

6. Using the distribution environment for development.

7. Indegrated Development Environment for OO Perl

8. Development environment

9. perl development environment

10. Development / Test Environments

11. Perl Development Environment