Why Doesn't Push Have A Default?
Author Message
 Why Doesn't Push Have A Default?

[Cross-posted and follow-ups'd to comp.lang.perl.misc since
we shouldn't be posting new stuff to c.l.p anymore.]

) Is there a good reason why:
)

)
) Doesn't default to pushing $_?
)
) If not, I'd like to have my first play at tweaking perl  :-)

I can think of three (none too overpowering):

    So that:

    Because it would make a case where

    and

    differ.

    Because perl5 is starting to move away from even the
    existing defaults of this type.

I agree with the last one.  Most of the defaults save about
three keystrokes while making Perl scripts that use them more
confusing to those who don't know Perl well yet (ie. don't
know these defaults).
--

             Nothing is obvious unless you are overlooking something

Thu, 04 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Why Doesn't Push Have A Default?

2. push @list, nullsub() doesn't push anything--why not?

3. CGI::Push doesn't Finish

4. Why doesn't this script properly generate it's output

5. Having problems using the PUSH Function.

6. Why doesn't use base call import?

7. Why doesn't this program work?

8. why doesn't localtime()[2] work?

9. Why doesn't this work?

10. Why doesn't this work?

11. Why doesn't this work?

12. Why doesn't this work? (PLEASE Help)