Log rotator script for virtual hosting
Author Message
 Log rotator script for virtual hosting

Hello,

Does someone know a good way to rotate my logs on a virtual host? I cannot
use the "rotatelog" from apache because my hosting provider will not agree.
I tried a freebie script to rotate logs but it tries to look for access_log
file or something, and that is not the files I have (mine are called
"mydomain.com" in the common logs folder, whcih I do not have write access
to, so I cannot delete them!)

Thanks a lot for any ideas.

.ep

Thu, 03 Mar 2005 14:04:02 GMT
 Log rotator script for virtual hosting

Quote:
>(mine are called
> "mydomain.com" in the common logs folder, whcih I do not have write access
> to, so I cannot delete them!)

sorry erick, if you do not have write access to the logs you can not rotate
them

if your isp won't rotate them for you or allow you access to them to write
you can not do much at all

dav....

Fri, 04 Mar 2005 16:04:40 GMT

1. To all Virtual Hosting Company (URGENT HOST WANTED)

2. Automatically creating new virtual hosts using this script?

3. Host your WEB DESIGNS and organize WEB OFFICES with our Virtual Servers

4. mod_perl, apache, virtual host problem

5. Getting mod_perl working under mod_ssl virtual host

6. McGraw-Hill Education Examines Career Readiness Issues, Hosts 21st Century Workforce Virtual Conference

7. perl virtual hosts

8. mod_perl virtual web hosting?

9. Config module and virtual hosts

10. mod_perl, apache, virtual host problem

11. LWP virtual host problem

12. getting the virtual host info...