perl and Relational Databases
Author Message
 perl and Relational Databases

Quote:

> Is there a way to use Perl to connect to a Relational Database?

Yes, definitely, see:   http://www.*-*-*.com/

Quote:
> I am using Informix RDMS

The page includes references to DBD::Informix and to drivers for over a
dozen other RDBMSs.

Quote:
> I have found numerous articles on Database connectivity with Perl - but they
> all reference flat file databases.

Hmm, curious, a simple search of www.perl.com or CPAN for the word
"database" shows numerous references to Informix, Oracle, and other
relational databases and just typing "perlodc -q database" would show
you the perfaq #8 section which points you to the same page I have under
the heading "How do I use an SQL database?".

--
Jeff

Mon, 15 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 perl and Relational Databases

Quote:
> Is there a way to use Perl to connect to a Relational Database?  I am using
> Informix RDMS and would like to use Perl/cgi to add data directly to a table.

Perl can interface with a variety of RDBMS via its DBI module.  Specifically
you will need to use DBD::Informix which is available from CPAN.

In the case of Informix you will need to obtain the Client SDK (which is
now a free download for most platforms ) in order to build the module.

The DBI/DBD modules are fairly well documented so that should give you a
start.

/J\
--

Some of your questions answered:
<URL:http://www.btinternet.com/~gellyfish/resources/wwwfaq.htm>

Mon, 15 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 perl and Relational Databases
: Is there a way to use Perl to connect to a Relational Database?  I am using
: Informix RDMS and would like to use Perl/cgi to add data directly to a table.

   Perl FAQ, part 8:

      "How do I use an SQL database?"

--
    Tad McClellan                          SGML Consulting

    Fort Worth, Texas

Mon, 15 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Looking for relational database in perl

2. perl application for bulk loading relational databases

3. RDB, a Relational Database Management System implemented in PERL

4. Perl OO persistence with relational database

5. Perl, NT, and relational databases

6. www and relational databases

7. Relational database for Windows/Windows 95/NT

8. Update, RDB, a Relational Database Manager

9. On FTP archive: RDB (Relational Database Management)

10. HTMLView 0.9 - make web interfaces to relational SQL databases

11. need relational database

12. Creating a key field for writing relational databases