Setting locale failed
Author Message
 Setting locale failed

This is not maybe for this group, but maybe it is.

I had Linux Red Hat 6.2. When I enter command Perl, the answer is next:

perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
 LANGUAGE = (unset),
 LC_ALL = (unset),
 LANG = "en_US"

How can I set this?

Nikola

Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:37:42 GMT
 Setting locale failed
Nikola wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:

Quote:
> This is not maybe for this group, but maybe it is.

> I had Linux Red Hat 6.2. When I enter command Perl, the answer is next:

> perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
>  LANGUAGE = (unset),
>  LC_ALL = (unset),
>  LANG = "en_US"
>     are supported and installed on your system.

Read the perllocale manpage (the section on 'LOCALE PROBLEMS'.) Your
problem is described here and some fixes are suggested.

--
# Rafael Garcia-Suarez / http://rgarciasuarez.free.fr/

Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:01:21 GMT

1. Settings locale failed

2. Perl message on Linux: Setting locale failed.

3. perl: warning: Setting locale failed.

4. Setting locale failed

5. Setting locale failed.

6. perl: warning: Setting locale failed

7. warning: setting locale failed (??) (5.004_04)

8. perl: warning: Setting locale failed

9. Setting locale failed.

10. perl: warning: Setting locale failed. Huh?

11. After RH 7.2 upgrade -- "perl: warning: Setting locale failed"

12. "Setting locale failed" error on 5.6 rpm upgrade