IIS 3.0 Memory Leaks
Author Message
 IIS 3.0 Memory Leaks

I still have a memory leak in IIS 3.0.  I am running NT 4.0 SP3 with all
the IIS hotfixes including the one that fixes the ASP memory leak (even
though I am not using ASP).  I am only running Perl (both Win32 and ISAPI)
and IDC scripts.  Memory usage climbs from 38MB to 98MB in about 5 days and
continues to slowly grow.  I have to shut down both the HTTP and FTP
services (so inetinfo.exe shuts down) to free up the memory.  Although I
have 112MB of physical memory, this growth from 38 to 98 cannot be normal.
I am suprised there hasn't been more discussion on this since a few months
ago when I first brought it up.  Maybe people don't notice it because they
are always restarting their server anyway (smirk) or maybe it has to do
only with using IDC or ISAPI Perl.

Fri, 14 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Memory leak using IIS

2. memory leak caused by memory fragmentation?

3. Memory limitation & memory leak

4. File Upload question - using perl on IIS 3.0 (Win NT)

5. CGI.pm and IIS 3.0 Help

6. Password protection and IIS 3.0

7. NT registry / IIS 3.0 problem

8. How do I install PerlScript in IIS 3.0?

9. IIS 3.0 - CGI - @INC - problem finding libraries

10. Trouble compiling Perl 5.005_2 with Apache on FreeBSD 3.0 dual Pentium IIs

11. Perl and Directory Permissions problem w/ IIS 3.0