Parsing Word to ASCII
Author Message
 Parsing Word to ASCII

I'm looking for a script that will convert ms Word 97 documents to
ascii.  They eventually need to be in HTML, but I can get them from
ascii to html.  Thanks

Tue, 30 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Parsing Word to ASCII

Quote:

>I'm looking for a script that will convert ms Word 97 documents to
>ascii.  They eventually need to be in HTML, but I can get them from
>ascii to html.  Thanks

strings <word doc>

might work for you. You might also want to check LAOLA at ;

http://wwwwbs.cs.tu-berlin.de/~schwartz/pmh/

I've never used it myself however.

--
Alastair
Avid Effects

Tue, 30 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Parsing Word to ASCII

Quote:

> I'm looking for a script that will convert ms Word 97 documents to
> ascii.

If you're wishing merely to _find_ (as opposed to write) programs,
this newsgroup may not be the best resource for you. There are many
freeware and shareware archives which you can find by searching Yahoo
or a similar service. Hope this helps!

Tue, 30 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Parsing Word to ASCII

:>I'm looking for a script that will convert ms Word 97 documents to
:>ascii.  They eventually need to be in HTML, but I can get them from
:>ascii to html.  Thanks
:>

why not just use MS Word97's 'save as HTML' function?
--
wings
------

ICQ UIN: 1440319
http://gump.iscs.nus.edu.sg

Tue, 30 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Parsing Word to ASCII

Quote:

> I'm looking for a script that will convert ms Word 97 documents
> to ascii.  They eventually need to be in HTML, but I can get
> them from ascii to html.  Thanks

    If you don't mind skipping the ascii step and going right
to html, here's a most wonderful solution based on LAOLA...
    http://www.csn.ul.ie/~caolan/docs/MSWordView.html

    Matt

| Matt Steinhoff                                    407-420-6121 |

Tue, 30 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tan: Word processor formats to ASCII, and some such

2. Cleanup ASCII version of Word-Processed Doc?

3. how to define alphanumeric (words containing non-ASCII chars)

4. parse info from html files to ascii db....

5. Know of any ASCII Interleaf parsing/generation routines??

6. parsing ascii backspace chars.

7. Perl script fixed length ascii parse?

8. Help! how to parse this ascii text :

9. Regular expression question (Problems with parsing ascii go diagrams)

10. Need Help Parsing ASCII File

11. Help Parsing ASCII File, Part 2

12. parse html files to ascii db.....