Setting real/effective UID under Perl5.003 on solaris
Author Message
 Setting real/effective UID under Perl5.003 on solaris

 Yet more daemon aggros... I've got myself what is now (thanks to all
for the grep(0 help , BTW) a working daemon in terms of socket code
parsing commands properly and, obviously, performing the functions I want.

 Before adding more functions, I thought I'd tidy the daemon up, so I've done
the following to make it cleaner so far :

 # Fork into background
 # Become process group leader
 # Detach from control terminal (not quite done yet)

 Now, the natural thing I want it to be able to do, is become a safer user
after the bind(), so I getpwnam the user defined for this purpose in the
config file, and try setting UID to that user, which fails, causing
perl to bum out with an error :

ld.so.1: ticketd: fatal: relocation error: symbol not found:
 setreuid: referenced in ticketd

 Any ideas ?

 For my next trick - I also want to change the name in the process table
to just read "my-daemon", or whatever - is there a nice easy way to do this ?

Thanks for any help,

Lyndon

P.S. Please CC me by email in any replies, cheers.
--

If you give up smoking, drinking and sex you may not actually live longer...
...It may just feel that way.

Mon, 08 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Setting the real and effective uid.

2. real/effective GID/UID

3. How do I determine the real/effective user HOME dir given just the UID

4. BSD/OS 2.1 + perl5.003 + Tk400.200 == perl5.003.core

5. How can I change real UID under Solaris?

6. problem compiling perl5.003 on Solaris

7. Building Perl5.003 for _both_ SunOS and Solaris?

8. Trouble building perl5.003 on solaris

9. Perl5.003 and Solaris 2.5

10. Build Perl5.003 on Solaris x86

11. Can't compile perl5.003 w/ gcc on Solaris (dynamic lib problems)

12. Compilation of perl5.003 on solaris machine.