Multithreaded scripts on Win32 platforms.
Author Message
 Multithreaded scripts on Win32 platforms.

I tried to program a small multi-threaded script under Active-state Perl for
Win32 (version "5.6.0 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread").After invoking
the perl interpreter I have received the following error : "No thread in
this Perl in line ...."

Are multithreaded scripts supported in Perl ? Are they supported under Win32
platforms ?

Help appreciated.

Sat, 20 Sep 2003 21:37:15 GMT
 Multithreaded scripts on Win32 platforms.

Quote:

> I tried to program a small multi-threaded script under Active-state Perl for
> Win32 (version "5.6.0 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread").After invoking
> the perl interpreter I have received the following error : "No thread in
> this Perl in line ...."
> Are multithreaded scripts supported in Perl ? Are they supported under Win32
> platforms ?

Yes, and eys but not with ActiveState perl. You'll need to build your own
or find a build of perl with 5.005 threads enabled. (You'll lose the
ability to fork on WIn32, though)

                                        Dan

Sat, 20 Sep 2003 23:23:45 GMT
 Multithreaded scripts on Win32 platforms.
I use a port from www.dynamicstate.com
It forks well :)

Best regards
Aleks

Sun, 21 Sep 2003 02:29:44 GMT

1. compiling perl scripts under win32 platform

2. Upload script for Win32 platform?

3. Multithreaded server in Win32

4. Win32 Multithreaded help please

5. problem reading DB_File on win32 platform

6. Deleting Directories on Win32 platform

7. About file uploading on win32 platform

8. perl compiler for win32 platform?

9. printing on Win32 Platform

10. when will the system not return (win32 platform) ?

11. How to connect to IRC on win32 platform?

12. does DB_File work under win32 platforms?