Perl Book: Need Author & ISBN Number
Author Message
 Perl Book: Need Author & ISBN Number

Does a book by the title of PERL BY EXAMPLE exist?  If it does, who is
the author and what is the ISBN number?

TIA,

Liz Locus
Duke University
Durham, NC  27708

Mon, 15 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Perl Book: Need Author & ISBN Number

: Does a book by the title of PERL BY EXAMPLE exist?  If it does, who is
: the author and what is the ISBN number?
:

PERL By Example, by Ellie Quigley, ISBN 0-13-122839-0
(c) 1995 by Prentice Hall PTR

Tue, 16 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Perl Book: Need Author & ISBN Number

Quote:

> Does a book by the title of PERL BY EXAMPLE exist?  If it does, who is
> the author and what is the ISBN number?

Perl by Example
by Ellie Quigley

Prentice Hall Computer Books
ISBN 0131228390

Klaus Johannes Rusch
--

http://www.atmedia.net/KlausRusch/

Tue, 16 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Perl Book: Need Author & ISBN Number

Quote:

> > Does a book by the title of PERL BY EXAMPLE exist?  If it does, who is
> > the author and what is the ISBN number?

> Perl by Example
> by Ellie Quigley

> Prentice Hall Computer Books
> ISBN 0131228390

> Klaus Johannes Rusch
> --

> http://www.atmedia.net/KlausRusch/

I would add here that having bought the book myself, it's essentially
a reworking of the perl reference card that comes with Perl 4 with
some examples added in. The version I have, which I bought this year,
only covers Perl 4.019 so you're going to miss out on the 'cutting
edge' of Perl with this book.

Regards,
Waider. Your mileage may vary. Standard disclaimers apply.
--

Never attribute to malloc that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Fri, 19 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Perl Book: Need Author & ISBN Number

Quote:

> I would add here that having bought the book myself, it's essentially
> a reworking of the perl reference card that comes with Perl 4 with
> some examples added in. The version I have, which I bought this year,
> only covers Perl 4.019 so you're going to miss out on the 'cutting
> edge' of Perl with this book.

Do you know if there will be a version for 5.000.

Thanks.

--cameron

--
Cameron

Fri, 19 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Authors Needed for Web Book

2. Perl Book Author Signing at Powell's (Portland) April 10th

3. Earn $$$ Perl Book Authors Wanted

4. Camel Book Co-Author Randal Schwart Teaching Advanced Perl in NYC/NJ on May 15th

5. Camel Book Co-author Randal Schwartz Teaching Open Perl in NYC/NJ on May 15th

6. Search for book authors

7. is our reese the author of mysql book?

8. Dr Earl Mindell America's number one nutrition author

9. Needed: Contributing Authors; Topic: WWW Applications of Perl

10. Web Page authoring advice needed

11. Business::ISBN

12. ISBN/Checkdigit calculator