browser output different from command line
Author Message
 browser output different from command line

My script reads a value from a file, increments the value, prints the new value
within some HTML, and then writes the new value to the file. It works from the
command line--the value increments with each execution. But from a browser,
the value never changes. I expected the value to increment with each reload.
I have rebooted the browser and checked the disk cache to be sure I wasn't
just redisplaying a cached version.

Cliff Lundberg

Wed, 21 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 browser output different from command line

| It works from the command line--the value increments with each
| execution. But from a browser, the value never changes. I expected the
| value to increment with each reload.

The HTTPd uid and gid might not have permissions to write to your file.

HTH..

   B.Sc info (2e anne)            http://www.jsp.umontreal.ca/~tranhu/
   Universit de Montral       http://libertel.montreal.qc.ca/~tranhu/
----->   C'est s?rement pas l'universit qui partage mes opinions   <-----

Les sots mettent du temps pour comprendre. Les intellignets pour ne pas
comprendre.                                                   -- G. Perros

Wed, 21 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. executing commands, command-line vs. browser

2. capturing command line error or output from `<command>`

3. Output of a command line command

4. Different Results With Different Browsers

5. different behaviour when running from web and command line

6. LIBWWW - Command Line vs Web Browser

7. Question: command line with perl and Web browser

8. work on command line and not via browser?

9. Executes under command-line not through the browser

10. novice question: how import many lines of command output

11. Command line options Input >Output how?