Printing table cells using "format"
Author Message
 Printing table cells using "format"

I defined a format with the declaration:

format STDOUT =
----------------------------------

$name

$phone
----------------------------------
.

I want to use this as a cell in a table, but the problem is that everytime
I "write" it, it prints the info with a newline between each cell.  Is
there a way I can supress the newline so that the next time the format is
written, it goes next to the previous cell, instead of below it?  Or can
someone think of a different way to redefine the format so that it will
place the information in the desired position as it's being processed
(I'm using a while loop).

Thanks,

Ritchard

Fri, 25 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using an "@" in a perl format

2. Using print "Location:..." with frames

3. Table/Cell formatting with CGI.pm

4. Table / Cell formatting - CGI.pm

5. Perl "html Tables"

6. Problem tabbing between items in "Table"

7. "character class ""bug""

8. Why does "print !in_line" print "0"?

9. "@" in a format

10. "professional" formatting of - PDF perhaps

11. Perl "save file" formatting text

12. format statements and emacs "perl" mode