Download files using HTTP / Perl
Author Message
 Download files using HTTP / Perl

Hi List

In a certain html page there is many links to .pdf and .zip files. Is
there a way in Perl to download all of them ?

I will be glad for any kind of information

Thanks in advance

Oswaldo Castro

Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:12:22 GMT
 Download files using HTTP / Perl

Quote:

>In a certain html page there is many links to .pdf and .zip files. Is
>there a way in Perl to download all of them ?

>I will be glad for any kind of information

The LWP suite. (lib-www)

See:
        HTML::LinkExtor (to extract the links from the HTML page)
        LWP::Simple, function getstore() (to retrive and save the files)

--
        Bart.

Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:40:16 GMT
 Download files using HTTP / Perl

Quote:

> >In a certain html page there is many links to .pdf and .zip files. Is
> >there a way in Perl to download all of them ?

> >I will be glad for any kind of information

> The LWP suite. (lib-www)

> See:
>         HTML::LinkExtor (to extract the links from the HTML page)
>         LWP::Simple, function getstore() (to retrive and save the files)

> --
>         Bart.

Also read the LWP Cookbook (perldoc lwpcook)

Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:55:40 GMT
 Download files using HTTP / Perl

Quote:

> > >In a certain html page there is many links to .pdf and .zip files. Is
> > >there a way in Perl to download all of them ?

> > >I will be glad for any kind of information

> > The LWP suite. (lib-www)

> > See:
> >         HTML::LinkExtor (to extract the links from the HTML page)
> >         LWP::Simple, function getstore() (to retrive and save the files)

> > --
> >         Bart.

> Also read the LWP Cookbook (perldoc lwpcook)

Thank you all guys...
Very good insights in the reference...

Oswaldo Castro

Fri, 17 Sep 2004 13:46:33 GMT

1. perl module for http download of file

2. http client file download?

3. HTTP::Request: how to download to a file

4. file download via http

5. http client file download?

6. http file download module

7. Download a file via HTTP

8. Downloading a file w/an HTTP address

9. http client file download?

10. file name in http plain text download?

11. download file via http

12. http client file download?