PerlIS problem reading network drive
Author Message
 PerlIS problem reading network drive

I've got a simple script to read a directory.  It doesn't seem to work when run
using PerlIs under MS IIS when trying to read a drive on a network that's
currently mapped.  It works fine under my normal C drive.

This also works from the command line.  I did the unthinkable - putting
perl.exe in the Scripts directory under IIS and trying it via a Web page like:

perl.exe?test.pl

This works fine as well.

So does PerlIS not have any knowledge of shared drives?

Here's my primitive code snippet:

# F Drive is a drive on a network shared for everyone.

$SHARENAME = "F:\\";

if (opendir(DD,$SHARENAME))
{
        foreach $name (sort readdir(DD)) {
                $fullname = $SHARENAME . "\\" . $name;
                if (-d $fullname) {
                        print "$name was a directory\n";
                } else {
                        print "$name was not a directory\n";
                }
        }

Quote:
}

TIA
--
Kevin Smith

Sat, 31 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 PerlIS problem reading network drive

After a little more deugging I found the error returned bu opendir is

 No such file or directory

Still don't know why though.

TIA
--
Kevin Smith

Sat, 31 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Reading a networked drive

2. Perl, IIS and network access under perlis.dll

3. NT Script, Accessing network drives under scheduler

4. Perl, IIS, writing to network drives

5. perl, NT, IIS, can't get script to use network drive

6. Opening a network connected drive from dos w/ perl

7. using network drives-newbee question

8. open error on network drives

9. rename () makes files disappear on Win32 network drive?

10. system() call won't work from network drive

11. NT and network drives

12. ActivePerl from a network drive?