Runtime exception problem.
Author Message
 Runtime exception problem.

When I execute a long running sub in my Perl/Tk program this way:

$top->Button(-text=>"Start", -command=>sub{long_running_sub()})->pack();

the program terminates after completing the long_running_sub saying "Error:
Runtime exception". However if I use bindings to execute the sub, like this:

$top->bind("<Key-Return>", sub{long_running_sub()});

the program works fine and returns to the MainLoop. This happens only on
long running subs which run about 3-4 secs or more. Are there runtime limits
for subs? If yes, why?

I run Activestate Perl on Win98.

I haven't found a reason for this in the FAQ. Anyone know why this happens,
and maybe the solution to it.

Sigmund S.

10 PRINT "And here we go again...":GOTO 10

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Runtime exception with Win32::ODBC

2. gdwin32 doesn't appear to work (Runtime Exception)

3. EventLog Gets Runtime Exception Error

4. HELP! Runtime Exception Error

5. Error : Runtime exception with Win32::ODBC

6. runtime exception in activestate perl when using modules

7. Error : Runtime exception with win32Api...

8. Pattern match causing runtime exception

9. Intermitent 'Runtime exception', Why?

10. DBD-ODBC connect gives runtime exception

11. Runtime exception driving me crazy

12. Error: Runtime Exception <-- on longrunning sub