Install MailTools on ActiveState perl 5.6 !!!
Author Message
 Install MailTools on ActiveState perl 5.6 !!!

I am unable to locate and install mailtools for perl 5.6 (ppm search
mailtools)
when the same command on Active Perl build 522 finds MailTools 1.12.
(I have NT 4, SP5, AcitveState Perl 5.6.)

I've attempted to download MailTools from CPAN:
http://www.*-*-*.com/
and install it manually.  I extract the tar.gz and copy ..\Mail\ directory
into my
d:\perl\site\lib\

When I run a sample smtp mail.pl program, I get the following message:

    "Bad file descriptor at D:/Perl/site/lib/Mail/Mailer.pm line 267"

How do I solve this!!!
Tnx in advance

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Install MailTools on ActiveState perl 5.6 !!!

Quote:

http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local/modules/by-module/Mail/MailTools-1.140...

> and install it manually.  I extract the tar.gz and copy ..\Mail\ directory
> into my
> d:\perl\site\lib\

I believe perl 5.6 and perl 5.005 need different versions of modules, there
was an error in the link for 5.6 packages on the ActiveState sight.Here are
the correct ppm Package libraries:

5.005: http://www.activestate.com/PPMPackages/5.005/zips/

5.6: http://www.activestate.com/ppmpackages/5.6/zips/

(Notice that MailTools.pm is not yet available for 5.6)

I hope this helps, there is a discussion thread regarding this topic on the
ActiveState sight as well.

Timothy Bendfelt

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Install MailTools on ActiveState perl 5.6 !!!

2. ActiveState Perl 5.6. and Language Localization

3. ActiveState Perl 5.6 - Can't exit WHILE loop

4. NEWBIE: Using Win32::Eventlog under Activestate Perl 5.6 (Win XP)

5. Perl 5.6 Activestate crashes in Windows 98

6. NEWBIE: Using Win32::Eventlog under Activestate Perl 5.6 (Win XP)

7. Mail::Sender bad file descriptor (Apache for Win32 on win2k, ActiveState Perl 5.6, Win2k SMTP server)

8. Net::Daemon on activestate perl 5.6

9. ptkdb and ActiveState Perl 5.6 Win32

10. ActiveState Perl 5.6 and Roth pm's

11. mod_perl with activestate perl 5.6 on win32?

12. Activestate Perl 5.6 crashes