A short example for using WIN32::ODBC and EXCEL
Author Message
 A short example for using WIN32::ODBC and EXCEL

Hi,

can anybody give me a short example on how to perform a search for a
word or value in an Excel-spreadsheet using the WIN32::ODBC module?
I am able to connect to my ODBC source, but somehow I am at a loss on
how to search in an excel spreadsheet for a value or a word. I have to
admit, that I am a total beginner regarding the use of SQL and ODBC.

Best regards,

Sebastian

Sat, 27 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 A short example for using WIN32::ODBC and EXCEL

Quote:

>can anybody give me a short example on how to perform a search for a
>word or value in an Excel-spreadsheet using the WIN32::ODBC module?
>I am able to connect to my ODBC source, but somehow I am at a loss on
>how to search in an excel spreadsheet for a value or a word. I have to
>admit, that I am a total beginner regarding the use of SQL and ODBC.

Sebastian --

I got my start using the very helpful examples at:
   http://multiweb.lib.calpoly.edu/odbc/
I'm sure they will get you where you need to go.

 -- Robert

Robert Watkins

"These Perls of thought in Persian Gulfs were bred,
 Each softly lucent as a rounded moon;"
 -- James Russell Lowell
 In a Copy of Omar Khayyam

Sat, 27 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using Win32::ODBC for Excel Spreasheet

2. win32::ODBC use with ODBC Excel driver

3. Perl Scripts using Win32::ODBC (Any examples?)

4. Example needed for Win32::OLE and Excel

5. Example needed for Win32::OLE and Excel

6. Win32::ODBC / Excel Trouble

7. Connecting to Excel spreadsheet via Win32::ODBC?

8. Problems using Excel with ODBC as a database!

9. How to glob using short filenames under Win32?

10. Win32 :ODBC examples

11. Looking for example script for WIN32::ODBC

12. using Win32::0le for excel creation