Automating Web Page Update
Author Message
 Automating Web Page Update

Does anyone know of a script that would allow me to update my web pages
automatically online?

For example:  The html page is static Except for the content in certain
areas of the page (all text) that may or may not need updating from time to
time.

Also is there a script that could create a copy of a set of static html
pages based on user input? For example:  The user chooses site 1 of 3 and
the script would

1 - Read the Site 1 input from user
2- Go out and retrieve all the necessary html pages associated to Site 1
3 - Copy these pages to a new name or new directory
4 -Allow the user to update these pages online with text content for
specific areas of the html pages.

Any help or direction (suggested reading) as to where to start would be much
appreciated.

Claudia

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Automating Web Page Update
I have a mixed shell/Perl script which checks stale links on my Web
site (see footer)B. Maybe you'll find some hints for your job.
O'Reilly's "Perl Cookbook" covers everything you're looking for, too.

-- avs

Quote:

--

Andre van Straaten
http://www.vanstraatensoft.com

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Wanted: multi-page web robot for automated testing

2. Pub needs automated web page generator program

3. How to show list of updated web pages on site

4. Update web page

5. JAVA+REGEX Regular Expressions in Java - Web Page Updated

6. automated updates

7. automated updates

8. Making a new web page out of an existing page

9. automated filling of html/cgi-pages

10. HELP with accessing HTML page to automate Login using HTML::Form

11. automated filling of html/cgi-pages

12. automated filling of html/cgi-pages