Agent that traces the URLs the user looks at
Author Message
 Agent that traces the URLs the user looks at

Hi, I wonder if someone know of any modules that can trace what the user
looks at.
E.g. the user starts some program before he starts browsing with netscape
and that program will dump all the URLs to the disc.
Does it exist? Does anyone have an idea how it can be done?

all best,

/Calle

Tue, 11 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Agent that traces the URLs the user looks at

: Hi, I wonder if someone know of any modules that can trace what the user
: looks at.
: E.g. the user starts some program before he starts browsing with netscape
: and that program will dump all the URLs to the disc.
: Does it exist? Does anyone have an idea how it can be done?

You can decode the history.db file, that Netscape keeps.
It's usually in the ~/.netscape directory (assuming UNIX, ofcourse).
There is an example of how to do this in DB_File(3). Yes, I think
it's there.

: all best,

: /Calle

--
Dmitry Rubinstein

http://www.math.tau.ac.il/~dimrub

Thu, 20 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. User Agent in a simple http agent..

2. Parallel User Agent

3. LWP and User-Agent header

4. Parallel LWP User Agent -- Proposal (Comments, anybody?)

5. Paralelle User Agent and robot.txt

6. LWP and user agent

7. User Agent - larbin@unspecified.mail

8. HTTP user agent/spider

9. Parallel User Agent Module Working on WIN32

10. LWP::Simple: How to change my USER AGENT when parsing an external web page

11. writing user agent

12. writing User Agent