Help: Embedded Perl 5.002 Port DLL fails on Win95
Author Message
 Help: Embedded Perl 5.002 Port DLL fails on Win95

Hi,

We have created a DLL based on Perl release 5.002 which allows the Perl
intepreter to be embedded and called form a C++ client as well as
provide the necessary module glue to allow it to execute C++ native
functions.

We have had this working for some time now (1year +) on Windows NT and
Windows 98.

However I have not been able to make it work on Windows 95 because the
DLL refuses to load with the very peculiar and rather undocumented Error
:
1114 A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.
ERROR_DLL_INIT_FAILED

I have tried a number of avenues, mostly in the dark. In particular, I
thought for a while that we had blown some sort of TLS (Thread Local
Storage) limit.

NOTE: Depends.exe finds no undefined or unreachable dependencies that
are not satisfied under Windows 95
This DLL depends on: KERNEL32, ADVAPI32.dll and MSVCRT.DLL.

I know we must be blowing some sort of internal Table limit of the
Linker/Loader specific to Windows 95. However I have not been very lucky
finding any documentation which either provides some "under the hood"
info and even a list of WIn32 APIs not implemented in WIndows 95.

Would a kind sole provide some hints of where to look next ? Or some
information of what was changed in a later version of Perl to make it
work under WIndows 95 (release notes on the cpan site does not have
explicit statements to that effect).

Regards,

Serge Limondin,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. perl 5.002 port for A/UX 3.1.1 on jagubox

2. make test fails on PERL 5.002!

3. Perl 5.002, HP/UX 10.10, test 22 of op/misc fails

4. OS/2: perl 5.002 compiles, fails base/lex.t

5. 5.002 dies silently on failed socket write

6. failed 5.002 compile

7. UnixWare 2.01 fails 5.002 make test

8. Please Help, Win95/NT4.0 Serial Port Usage Questions

9. Module breaks in Perl 5.002 (Help!)

10. DLL unload question for embedded Perl on Windows

11. Q:Newbie-Howto: Embedded WIN32-Perl in a DLL

12. Help! with dbmopen and hash evaluation Perl 5.002