Perl NT login scripts help...
Author Message
 Perl NT login scripts help...

Hi Folks,

I have a Perl NT login script that runs fine on a few machines (Perl
installed), but I can't get the script to run if the client doesn't have Perl
installed locally.   I'm attempting to have the client machines attach to the
Perl share on the server and run the script, but it seems to have a problem
trying sorting out the "Use Win32;" line in the script.  I've mapped the Perl
share to  drive letter, P:, then modified the path statement for the client
machines to include P:\bin, P:\lib and it still can't locate Win32.pm.  Any
idea what gives?   Thanks in advance.

-- Mark

Sun, 22 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Perl NT login scripts help...
Put:

BEGIN {

Quote:
}

at the start of your script.

--
Jaime Metcher

Quote:

> Hi Folks,

> I have a Perl NT login script that runs fine on a few machines (Perl
> installed), but I can't get the script to run if the client doesn't have Perl
> installed locally.   I'm attempting to have the client machines attach to the
> Perl share on the server and run the script, but it seems to have a problem
> trying sorting out the "Use Win32;" line in the script.  I've mapped the Perl
> share to  drive letter, P:, then modified the path statement for the client
> machines to include P:\bin, P:\lib and it still can't locate Win32.pm.  Any
> idea what gives?   Thanks in advance.

> -- Mark

Mon, 23 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Perl NT login scripts help...

Quote:

> BEGIN {

> }

Normally you would use unshift here, because most likely you want
those directories to appear before the other ones.

In that case just use the lib pragma, which was specifically created
for this:

use lib qw( p:/bin p:/lib );

Martien
--
Martien Verbruggen                  |
Interactive Media Division          | I think there is a world market for

Mon, 23 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Perl NT login scripts help...

Quote:

> Normally you would use unshift here, because most likely you want
> those directories to appear before the other ones.

Yes.

Quote:
> In that case just use the lib pragma, which was specifically created
> for this:

> use lib qw( p:/bin p:/lib );

Maybe.  If the perl executable isn't sitting on top of its libraries it
won't find lib.pm either.  I wonder if perl.exe is in P:\?  And what

--
Jaime Metcher

Tue, 24 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie question: Creating a NT login script in Perl

2. Perl in NT login script

3. Using PERL for NT Login Script

4. NT login script to query group membership....

5. Running NT Login Script over Slow RAS

6. Help: Perl script to automate https secured login session

7. looking for help on perl login script

8. Need Perl Script for Members Login Page- help

9. looking for help on perl login script

10. CR before login or any help that would lf before login

11. Net::FTP help for login & script

12. Login script, help please