Looking for a Program to Produce Web Page from Humor Mail
Author Message
 Looking for a Program to Produce Web Page from Humor Mail

Yes, I'm actually looking for some sort of program that will scan through my NS mail folder on humor
and remove the body of the text and format it to place in a web site. It should remove the > stuff
and other extraneous material sometimes found in a body and produce the humor in the remainder of
the body. It probably should capation the humor with a title taken from the Subject line. I'm using
NT 4.0.

--
                                       "You've got the brain of a four-year-old boy, and I'll bet he
was glad

                                          ========== Wayne T. Watson  ==========

                                           Web Page: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~mtn_view (Updated
11/20/99)
                                           Imaginarium Science Museum:
                                              http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~mtn_view/imaginarium.html

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Looking for a Program to Produce Web Page from Humor Mail

Quote:
> Yes, I'm actually looking for some sort of program that will scan
> through my NS mail folder on humor and remove the body of the text
> and format it to place in a web site. It should remove the > stuff
> and other extraneous material sometimes found in a body and produce
> the humor in the remainder of the body. It probably should capation
> the humor with a title taken from the Subject line. I'm using NT 4.0.

This is a little too general to be used as a specification - however
a quick and simple way to do this would be to use the facilities provided
by the mailtools suite - of course this will only work if your mail program
stores the messages in a standard format ...

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;

use Mail::Internet;
use Mail::Header;
use Mail::Util qw(read_mbox);

{
  my $message = new Mail::Internet $_;
  my $header  = $message->head;
  my $subject = $header->get('Subject');
  my $date    = $header->get('Date');
  my $from    = $header->get('From');
  my $body    = $message->body;

  print "$subject from $from - $date\n";

   {
     s/^\s*>+//g;
     print;
   }

Quote:
}

Of course I have left out any HTML formatting and have oversimplified the
the removal of any '>' quoting marks - you will want to read the perlre
manpage to see how you will want to do that.

/J\
--

<http://www.gellyfish.com>
** Uri Guttman - Have You CPANed Backward.pm Yet ? **

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Looking for a Program to Produce Web Page from Humor Mail
Thanks. I'll consider it. Now I need to get Perl for NT 4.0 somewhere.

Quote:

> > Yes, I'm actually looking for some sort of program that will scan
> > through my NS mail folder on humor and remove the body of the text
> > and format it to place in a web site. It should remove the > stuff
> > and other extraneous material sometimes found in a body and produce
> > the humor in the remainder of the body. It probably should capation
> > the humor with a title taken from the Subject line. I'm using NT 4.0.

> This is a little too general to be used as a specification - however
> a quick and simple way to do this would be to use the facilities provided
> by the mailtools suite - of course this will only work if your mail program
> stores the messages in a standard format ...

> #!/usr/bin/perl -w

> use strict;

> use Mail::Internet;
> use Mail::Header;
> use Mail::Util qw(read_mbox);

> {
>   my $message = new Mail::Internet $_;
>   my $header  = $message->head;
>   my $subject = $header->get('Subject');
>   my $date    = $header->get('Date');
>   my $from    = $header->get('From');
>   my $body    = $message->body;

>   print "$subject from $from - $date\n";

>    {
>      s/^\s*>+//g;
>      print;
>    }
> }

> Of course I have left out any HTML formatting and have oversimplified the
> the removal of any '>' quoting marks - you will want to read the perlre
> manpage to see how you will want to do that.

> /J\
> --

> <http://www.gellyfish.com>
> ** Uri Guttman - Have You CPANed Backward.pm Yet ? **

--
                                      "A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch
a child of five."

                                           Web Page: http://www.sirius.com/~mtn_view (Updated
11/20/99)
                                           Imaginarium Science Museum:
                                              http://www.sirius.com/~mtn_view/imaginarium.html

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Looking for a Program to Produce Web Page from Humor Mail

Quote:
> Thanks. I'll consider it. Now I need to get Perl for NT 4.0 somewhere.

http://www.activestate.com/activeperl/

The price is right.

--
(Just Another Larry) Rosler
Hewlett-Packard Laboratories

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Looking for Web page creator utility.

2. Active Perl for NT and Mail from Web pages

3. web-based e-mail client - desperately looking for

4. I want to read mails in web page which are actually placed in AIX Server

5. Perl Programs Serving Web Pages

6. Input a web page to a perl program

7. Pub needs automated web page generator program

8. Wanted: programming (humor?)

9. Looking for mailing list cgi program

10. please help - cgi database access script / program for web page

11. Perl script for UNIX mail to produce web page?

12. how to compile a fortran program from web page