Win NT 3.51 and rand(exp)
Author Message
 Win NT 3.51 and rand(exp)

I am trying to use $item = int(rand($items)) + 1 to randomly pick one item from
a list of $items items.  I heard srand(); has a problem under Win NT.  Has
anybody found a work around for producing random numbers for Win NT?  I need to
re-randomize for each occurance because only one item is output each time the
program is run, but running it again should result in different $item values.
I do get a few different values for my case where $items > 1500, but the
results are cyclic and few.

Thanks,
Bradley J. Marker

Wed, 15 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Perl for Win NT 3.51

2. Problem with association of perl on Win/NT 3.51

3. scheduling perl scripts on win nt 3.51

4. PERL(NT) for Win32 and SYSTEM Calls in NT 4.0 (worked in NT 3.51)

5. Help required in Perl installation under Windows NT 3.51

6. Trying to get ODBC w/NT 3.51 to work

7. Using/learning Perl for dos/WFW and NT 3.51

8. Using perl under NT 3.51

9. Perl on NT 3.51 for CGI?

10. Installation of Perl for NT 3.51 , IIS 1.0

11. Help required - Perl 5 Installation under Windows NT 3.51

12. Printing with Windows NT 3.51