Salary Question
Author Message
 Salary Question

I am a 'perl programmer' in Seattle and I've been offered the
additional job of being a part time on call server admin in a network
of about 20 servers running linux, windows 2000 server, and mysql
databases. If I take on the additional responsibilty I can ask for a
salary increase, so I need to find out what others who have these
similar responsibilities are making so I can make an offer and not
lose lots of money by underselling myself. I checked salary.com and
checked the local paper without any luck there.

Any comments would help me out, thanks!
Andrew

Wed, 11 Aug 2004 22:41:54 GMT
 Salary Question
Picture This,

U just called a "Tech Support Guy" to come out and fix a problem w/u'r
machines.

He Charges $175 Prem for just walking in the door and $125hr for min of
2hrs..
so right there is $425 for 2hrs of work..

machines..
take that and add it 2 u'r own..

Starting would be around $30,000yr  (sorry had 2 say it)...

Enjoy,
Joe

Quote:
> I am a 'perl programmer' in Seattle and I've been offered the
> additional job of being a part time on call server admin in a network
> of about 20 servers running linux, windows 2000 server, and mysql
> databases. If I take on the additional responsibilty I can ask for a
> salary increase, so I need to find out what others who have these
> similar responsibilities are making so I can make an offer and not
> lose lots of money by underselling myself. I checked salary.com and
> checked the local paper without any luck there.

> Any comments would help me out, thanks!
> Andrew

Thu, 12 Aug 2004 14:16:36 GMT

1. Salary Survey and SANS Call

2. Salary for teaching intro to perl

3. Perl/cgi coder salaries

4. Realrates.com needs your Rate and Salary Data!

5. Can prospective employer legally obtain your present salary?

6. Salary Range for Perl Programmers

7. Average Salary?

8. Average PERL Salaries??

9. Entry Level PERL coder salary

10. A question of Style, was: SPUG: Sort an array question

11. Perl: web.pl question, install module and dmake question

12. Perl 6 question $# question - dollar sign pound sign