newbie working on web stuff...
Author Message
 newbie working on web stuff...

hi everyone...

i'm a recent perl person (up to 48 hours now) and have gotten about halfway
with what i'm trying to do...

i have a script that will write a random server side include tag to pull
random content into a web page...my problem is that the scritp will write
(print) the tag, but what can i put on the page to call the script to print
the tag...

i want people to hit the page, have it call the script for the random tag
and then pull in the random content...

anyone have suggestions?...

thx
mike

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 newbie working on web stuff...

Quote:

> i'm a recent perl person (up to 48 hours now) and have gotten about
halfway
> with what i'm trying to do...

> i have a script that will write a random server side include tag to pull
> random content into a web page...my problem is that the scritp will write
> (print) the tag, but what can i put on the page to call the script to
print
> the tag...

> i want people to hit the page, have it call the script for the random tag
> and then pull in the random content...

> anyone have suggestions?...

Get rid of all that randomness!  :-)  Haven't you heard that Perl is
deterministic in a DWIM sort of way?

Check out the CGI module.  perldoc CGI

If you have questions about programming CGI or HTML or client-side
scripting, this newsgroup may not be for you.  Check out the various groups
under the comp.infosystems.authoring.* hierarchy.

Lauren

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Free Web Stuff

2. Free Web Stuff

3. Web Based Calendar/ Stuffed with emails?

4. (Beginner) Simple stuff not working

5. compiler work for perl/tk stuff.

6. REPOST: Question From NEWBIE about files and stuff...

7. newbie Q, about getting stuff out of a file

8. Newbie stuff on Net::Ping

9. syntax or compiler grammer ? newbie oop stuff

10. string stuff : question from newbie...

11. Make WEB PAGE WORK

12. perl LWP can;t access web page but works with browser