file size limits of perl Net::ftp
Author Message
 file size limits of perl Net::ftp

Happy new year,

I've a question concerning perl with special regard to Net::FTP. Are
there any limits in file size ? I want to do ftp->put command of a pipe
which is the output of a tar command. It works well, but if the tar
command produces more then 10 GB output, the put command fails. If I do
it by hand on the linux shell (without piping but with an intermediate
file) it works well.

Thanks for your answers,

Olli

Sat, 25 Jun 2005 17:56:19 GMT
 file size limits of perl Net::ftp
Have you changed the timeout value & still fail around 10GB?

krr

Quote:

> Happy new year,

> I've a question concerning perl with special regard to Net::FTP. Are
> there any limits in file size ? I want to do ftp->put command of a pipe
> which is the output of a tar command. It works well, but if the tar
> command produces more then 10 GB output, the put command fails. If I do
> it by hand on the linux shell (without piping but with an intermediate
> file) it works well.

> Thanks for your answers,

> Olli

Sun, 26 Jun 2005 17:37:10 GMT
 file size limits of perl Net::ftp

Thanks for your help.

Quote:
> Have you changed the timeout value & still fail around 10GB?

> krr

I increased the time limit and blocksize. Now it works !

Olli

Quote:

>>Happy new year,

>>I've a question concerning perl with special regard to Net::FTP. Are
>>there any limits in file size ? I want to do ftp->put command of a pipe
>>which is the output of a tar command. It works well, but if the tar
>>command produces more then 10 GB output, the put command fails. If I do
>>it by hand on the linux shell (without piping but with an intermediate
>>file) it works well.

>>Thanks for your answers,

>>Olli

Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:16:56 GMT

1. Net::FTP File Size Limit?

2. Differences in the file size reported by Net::FTP->size and ls -l

3. Monitoring file size during net::ftp

4. Need to know how to somehow limit file sizes in file uploads with Perl

5. Need to know how to limit the file sizes in file uploads in Perl

6. CGI.pm Bug: file upload file size mismatch when file size is close to buffer size

7. Transfer rate limit for Net::FTP

8. file size limit

9. SIZE command and Net::FTP module

10. DB_File file size limit under Windows NT 4.0?

11. fixes for file size limits with DB_File/Berkeley DB

12. ?? Size limit on files/arrays??