Eat my dust - Perl running on Windows 95
Author Message
 Eat my dust - Perl running on Windows 95

Quote:

> Eat my dust - I've got Perl running on an old Windows 95 box - for fun.
> (486 dx-66)

I have Perl running on four DOS machines at work.  What's your point?  :-)

--

    /                                   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~rjk/
        "It's funny 'cause it's true ... and vice versa."

Thu, 05 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Eat my dust - Perl running on Windows 95

Eat my dust - I've got Perl running on an old Windows 95 box - for fun.
(486 dx-66)

Fri, 06 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Eat my dust - Perl running on Windows 95

Quote:

> Eat my dust - I've got Perl running on an old Windows 95 box - for fun.
> (486 dx-66)

 My RedHat 5.0 (Hurricane) P100 can beat up
your old Windoze 95 486 DX66

:-)

PS - Did you document your efforts
for the Perl Win95 FAQ?
__________________________
Bill Jones...............|
Sneaker's Nest...........|
Chasecreek Systemhouse...|

Fri, 06 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Eat my dust - Perl running on Windows 95

Quote:

>Eat my dust - I've got Perl running on an old Windows 95 box - for fun.
>(486 dx-66)

For fun? I don't know if I'd go that far, but perl certainly makes
win95 more pleasant.

Fri, 06 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Eat my dust - Perl running on Windows 95

I have it running on a 486 33MHz laptop, like the other person said, what's
your point?

~TK

Quote:

>>Eat my dust - I've got Perl running on an old Windows 95 box - for fun.
>>(486 dx-66)

>For fun? I don't know if I'd go that far, but perl certainly makes
>win95 more pleasant.

Fri, 06 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Eat my dust - Perl running on Windows 95

Quote:
> Eat my dust - I've got Perl running on an old Windows 95 box - for fun.
> (486 dx-66)

Err... back when I still had to use DOS/Win boxes, I always had perl
installed on it. In fact, on my wife's Win95 box, I have perl installed
as well.

Now.. What was that about dust? I just don't get it. Are you saying
you are proud that you successfully unpacked an archive and followed
the instructions that came with it? Well.. my sincere congratulations
to you. Or are you saying that there was so much dust on that old
machine before you installed perl, that you are now looking for
volunteers to help you get rid of it? In that case: Unfortunately I
have more than enough dust of my own to work with. I am sorry to say
that I don't plan on developing a taste for yours as well.

Sorry,
Martien
--
Martien Verbruggen                  |
Webmaster www.tradingpost.com.au    | Advertising:  The science of arresting

Sat, 07 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Eat my dust - Perl running on Windows 95

Quote:

>> Eat my dust - I've got Perl running on an old Windows 95 box - for fun.
>> (486 dx-66)
>I have Perl running on four DOS machines at work.  What's your point?  :-)

Do read carefully the message! Do you also have that much fun of it ;-)

--

TU of Brno, Dept. of Computer Sci. & Engineering;    tel. +420-(0)5-7275 218

Sat, 07 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Eat my dust - Perl running on Windows 95

Quote:

> >> Eat my dust - I've got Perl running on an old Windows 95 box - for fun.
> >> (486 dx-66)

> >I have Perl running on four DOS machines at work.  What's your point?  :-)

> Do read carefully the message! Do you also have that much fun of it ;-)

I download nekkid pics from USENET using my win32 perl. You bet I have
fun. 8-)

--
Bob Trieger               |  Titanic: big boat, bigger

Sat, 07 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Eat my dust - Perl running on Windows 95

Quote:

> I download nekkid pics from USENET using my win32 perl. You bet I have
> fun. 8-)

> --
> Bob Trieger               |  Titanic: big boat, bigger

 If I 'member correctly, you're 70?  Right?

Just wondering if I would be interested in {*filter*} pics at 70  %)
__________________________
Bill Jones...............|
Sneaker's Nest...........|
Chasecreek Systemhouse...|

Sat, 07 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Eat my dust - Perl running on Windows 95

Quote:

> > I download nekkid pics from USENET using my win32 perl. You bet I have
> > fun. 8-)

> > --
> > Bob Trieger               |  Titanic: big boat, bigger

>  If I 'member correctly, you're 70?  Right?

> Just wondering if I would be interested in {*filter*} pics at 70  %)
> __________________________
> Bill Jones...............|
> Sneaker's Nest...........|
> Chasecreek Systemhouse...|

  Wow! you guys really know how to get off subject!

- Nathan

Sun, 08 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Eat my dust - Perl running on Windows 95

Quote:

>  Wow! you guys really know how to get off subject!

What subject?

        Bart.

Mon, 09 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Eat my dust - Perl running on Windows 95

Quote:

> >  Wow! you guys really know how to get off subject!

> What subject?

>         Bart.

The original subject was on how a guy got perl working on his 486. Now
they are talking about {*filter*}. Change your USENET view to sort the
messages by subject and read them all for this subject, you'll see.

- Nathan

Mon, 09 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Eat my dust - Perl running on Windows 95

Quote:

> > >  Wow! you guys really know how to get off subject!

> > What subject?

> >         Bart.

> The original subject was on how a guy got perl working on his 486. Now
> they are talking about {*filter*}. Change your USENET view to sort the
> messages by subject and read them all for this subject, you'll see.

> - Nathan

Warning:  All joking should now stop.
The P word was used and it wasn't Perl.
--
__________________________
Bill Jones...............|

Tue, 10 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Eat my dust - Perl running on Windows 95

Quote:

>> >  Wow! you guys really know how to get off subject!

>> What subject?

>>         Bart.

> The original subject was on how a guy got perl working on his 486. Now
> they are talking about {*filter*}. Change your USENET view to sort the
> messages by subject and read them all for this subject, you'll see.

What view?

Martien
--
Martien Verbruggen                      |
Webmaster www.tradingpost.com.au        | "In a world without fences,

Tue, 10 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Perl on Apache 1.3.3 running on Windows 95/NT

2. Running a VT100 perl script in Windows 95

3. Test running PERL script in Windows 95

4. How to run perl in Windows 95?

5. Running a perl script on Windows 95

6. Running a perl script in the background on Windows(95/NT)

7. Problem running system commands from Win32 perl under Windows 95

8. Can multiple processes be run under windows 95

9. Windows 95 (HIP) I can't get debugger to run

10. Installing Perl on Windows 95 or Windows 98

11. Where can I get Perl for Windows NT or Windows 95

12. Relational database for Windows/Windows 95/NT