untie warning when using MLDBM module
Author Message
 untie warning when using MLDBM module

When I try to untie after having tied with

        tie %::gorddb, 'MLDBM', $::gorddb_name, O_RDONLY, 0640 or warn $!;

I get the warning:

        untie attempted while 1 inner references still exist at ./gord.pl
line 284.

I like to reload this database at a certain point. Might this be because I am
doing this in an interrupt handler?

--

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there"
Paraphrased in Alice in Wonderland, originally from the Talmud.

Renee: "Met veel koper maakt men hoempa." (After hearing Brahms'
Festouverture)

Tue, 04 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 untie warning when using MLDBM module

:       tie %::gorddb, 'MLDBM', $::gorddb_name, O_RDONLY, 0640 or warn $!;
:       untie attempted while 1 inner references still exist at ./gord.pl
: line 284.

: I like to reload this database at a certain point. Might this be because I am
: doing this in an interrupt handler?

It wouldn't surprise me.  Signal handlers can be tricky...you never
know what internal functions were interrupted, or wht state the
stack is in.  Conventional Wisdom is to tnever do anything more
complicated than set a flag and return it in a signal handler.

Jeff

--

Thu, 06 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using the hash DB_File uses, after untie it??

2. Problems using tie and untie with Perl 5

3. taint error using MLDBM::Sync

4. Using another dbm with MLDBM.pm

5. Problem using MLDBM

6. Using MLDBM

7. Tie hash of hash using MLDBM

8. persistence problems using DB_File and MLDBM

9. PERL bug using sort with MLDBM?

10. Problem using MLDBM

11. DB_File and seq function (using MLDBM)

12. Problem with MLDBM Module