OS/2 perl and binary open
Author Message
 OS/2 perl and binary open

I've examined the distribution files, docs and READMEs, read the Perl FAQ
(thanks to the authors for this - VERY informative!), but I cannot find a
way to open a file in binary mode in perl under OS/2.

I'm using the perl 5001m distribution. I assume the same question will
apply to the MSDOS and Windows versions of Perl.

Anyone got any hints on how to do so other than obtaining the sources,
applying the diffs, making changes to suit and recompiling? (and the other
obvious one in junking the OS and getting UNIX - thanks, I've done that
too, but I still need Perl to work under OS/2 :-)).

--
David Nugent

Unique Computing Pty Ltd, Melbourne Australia
Voice: +61-3-791-9547  Data: +61-3-793-2728

Sat, 18 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 OS/2 perl and binary open

Quote:

>I've examined the distribution files, docs and READMEs, read the Perl FAQ
>(thanks to the authors for this - VERY informative!), but I cannot find a
>way to open a file in binary mode in perl under OS/2.

Did you try
        binmode FILEHANDLE?

--------------------

-------------------- fidonet:  2:246/8506.9

Sun, 19 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 OS/2 perl and binary open
: I've examined the distribution files, docs and READMEs, read the Perl FAQ
: (thanks to the authors for this - VERY informative!), but I cannot find a
: way to open a file in binary mode in perl under OS/2.

Doesn't binmode(FILEHANDLE) work?

--

Sun, 19 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Perl binary (windows or os/2) with debug?

2. Perl 5.0 binaries for BSD/OS v2.0

3. Perl 5.004beta1 binary for EMX (OS/2,DOS,Win*) available

4. LWP, Win32, OS/2 & binary transfers

5. Binaries for Sun OS 4.14

6. Opening binary files in DOS Perl

7. MS-Dos perl: open in binary mode?

8. Perl binary for SCO Open Server v4.2 ?

9. open doesn't return child pid under OS/2

10. Running Perl from one OS to another OS

11. NTPerl: Open/Read of binary Files

12. Segmented Mac OS X dev tools (was: Yet another gcc on Mac OS X posting)