Problems with http file upload using cgi.pm and cgi-lib.pl
Author Message
 Problems with http file upload using cgi.pm and cgi-lib.pl

I've been trying to use the http file upload with cgi-lib.pl and have
been having some trouble.

I run perl5 on NT (Intel). with IIS 4.0 (had the same problems with
2.0).

If anyone has a working example of an upload.pl file that works with the
above configuration, I'd love to see it.

And now to my problems.

I have been successful in uploading files to my server using both
libraries, however I can't seem to be able to upload files larger than
50k or so (with CGI.pm I got as far as: 59,000 bytes).

For the cgi-lib.pl library I used the sample fup.pl file from The
cgi-lib.pl Home Page http://www.*-*-*.com/
the e $cgi_lib::maxdata value but the program went into a infinite loop
buffering 10's of megs of "I don't know what" in to my disk. It disabled
any other process and forced me to boot the server.

With CGI.pm things seemed a little more stable, however as stated above,
files larger than 59,000 bytes would not upload.

I'd appreciate any help.
--
***************************
* Eric Yellin             *

* http://www.*-*-*.com/ *
***************************

Tue, 01 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

cgi-lib.pl Home Page http://www.bio.cam.ac.uk/cgi-lib/. I tried changing
the e $cgi_lib::maxdata value but the program went into a infinite loop
buffering 10's of megs of "I don't know what" in to my disk. It disabled
any other process and forced me to boot the server.

With CGI.pm things seemed a little more stable, however as stated above,
files larger than 59,000 bytes would not upload.

I'd appreciate any help.
--
***************************
* Eric Yellin             *
* Migvan Effect           *
* Development Manager     *
* and WebMaster           *

* http://www.migvan.co.il *
***************************

Tue, 01 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ns-upload, CGI.pm & cgi-lib.pl

2. uploading files to server(intranet) using cgi-lib.pl

3. Using cgi-lib.pl to upload a file

4. cgi-lib.pl: File uploading problem

5. CGI.pm/cgi-lib.pl benchmark (Was: cgi-lib.pl or CGI.pm?)

6. Upload without cgi.pm or cgi-lib

7. cgi-lib.pl / File Upload

8. uploading files with cgi-lib.pl

9. file upload with cgi-lib.pl