perlcc does not compile when split to array function is used
Author Message
 perlcc does not compile when split to array function is used

Hi all.  Has anyone encountered this situation when compiling a perl
script using perlcc?  If so, how did you fix it?

If I use a split function to populate an array (see commented line in
code below), perlcc does not compile the script.  Funny that the
script does run otherwise.  I'm running Redhat 8 and perl 5.8.0 for
i386.  I tested this "phenomena" in other scripts and got the same
problem.

#######################
#!/usr/bin/perl -w

   #This is the problem line

Quote:
}

        printf "${FN}\n";

Quote:
}

exit 0;
#######################

perlcc error message:
/usr/bin/perlcc: p1.pl did not compile, which can't happen:
Starting compile
 Walking tree

Regards,

Domenico Discepola

Mon, 17 Oct 2005 16:20:45 GMT
 perlcc does not compile when split to array function is used

Quote:

> Hi all.  Has anyone encountered this situation when compiling a perl
> script using perlcc?  If so, how did you fix it?

i haven't, but you might want to use the PAR-module to
convert your script into a binary. it's easy to
use, as it comes with a script, so you don't actually
have to use the module, just call the script.

hth, tina
--
http://www.tinita.de/     \  enter__| |__the___ _ _ ___
http://Movies.tinita.de/   \     / _` / _ \/ _ \ '_(_-< of

Mon, 17 Oct 2005 18:48:18 GMT

1. What am I doing wrong? Arrays

2. Array initialization, what am I doing wrong?

3. Re Trouble compiling with perlcc, ld:fatal: library -ldb: not found

4. Using perlcc to compile a perl prog

5. split inside split - can it be done ?

6. split function not working properly?

7. using split function twice on same line

8. Using SPLIT function with a Period

9. Using a period as a delimiter in the split() function

10. Using a period as a delimiter in the split() function

11. splitting an array - well not really but ...

12. Class::Contract - what am I doing wrong?