Perl/CGI script to validate email addresses
Author Message
 Perl/CGI script to validate email addresses

I am currently a webmaster for a small news site. We accept email
addresses to send daily news letters as well as for registration to post
messages on our message board.

For this, it is important that the email addresses are valid.

Is there any cgi-script to automatically validate an email address?

Thanks

Gasper.

Wed, 17 Dec 2003 04:30:32 GMT
 Perl/CGI script to validate email addresses

(snippage)

Quote:
> Is there any cgi-script to automatically validate an email address?

No. Validation of email addresses is impossible short of
sending email to an address and receiving a valid response
either directly or indirectly.

As an alleged webmaster, you should know to read about
and research this topic well. Extensive documentation
is available via Perl sites and other resources.

You will discover upon performing appropriate homework,
as any truly professional webmaster would, your best
success rate at validation of email addresses will
be less than ninety percent, usually much less.

As an example, your own email address is not a valid address.

Godzilla!

Wed, 17 Dec 2003 04:46:53 GMT
 Perl/CGI script to validate email addresses

Quote:
>Is there any cgi-script to automatically validate an email address?

http://www.perl-news.com/search/search-perl?new=validate+email+address

perldoc -q 'valid mail address'

Brian

Wed, 17 Dec 2003 04:59:52 GMT

1. Need a PERL/CGI/C/Bash script to validate IP addresses

2. reg ex: validating an email address

3. HOW to validate an email address

4. how to validate email address

5. Validating Email addresses

6. Validating Email addresses

7. Regexp to verify legal email address (not validate)

8. validate email address in forms

9. Validating email addresses.

10. Perl code to validate syntax of e-mail address

11. Perl code to validate syntax of e-mail address

12. Perl regular expression to validate an RFC822 address?