Problem installing CPAN modules
Author Message
 Problem installing CPAN modules

I'm a bit new to perl but I was successful in installing some of the
modules. Here are the commands I used. I ended up getting the errors
below on some of the modules. It seems that a bunch of the modules are
corrupt/bad checksum and I find it hard to believe that there are
problems with so many of these -- including the Bundle::CPAN which I
was told could be installed and I also got the same checksum/bogus
file warning. Does anyone know what all this means and how I can
install the missing modules?

Thank you in advance...

Mike

Commands I used:

bash%   perl -MCPAN -e shell
cpan>   install Net::NNTP
cpan>   install Net::SMTP
cpan>   install DBI
cpan>   install Bundle::MySQL
cpan>   install Text::Autoformat
cpan>   install Date::Parse
cpan>   install Email::Find
cpan>   install URI::Find
cpan>   install MIME::WordDecoder

Errors I received from some of the modules:

cpan> install DBI
Running make for T/TI/TIMB/DBI-1.15.tar.gz
Unwrapped into directory yes/build/TIMB000

CPAN.pm: Going to build T/TI/TIMB/DBI-1.15.tar.gz

Couldn't chdir yes/build/TIMB000: No such file or directory at (eval
26) line 42
19
======================================

cpan>install Bundle::MySQL
Can't install Bundle::MySQL, don't have an associated bundle file. :-(
at (eval 26) line 1806

===============================

cpan> install Text::Autoformat
cpan> install Date::Parse
cpan> install Email::Find
cpan> install URI::Find
cpan> install MIME::WordDecoder
cpan> install HTML::Entities

yields these errors:

Running make for D/DC/DCONWAY/Text-Autoformat-1.04.tar.gz
yes/sources/authors/id/D/DC/DCONWAY/Text-Autoformat-1.04.tar.gz: No
such file or
directory
Checksum mismatch for distribution file. Please investigate.

Distribution id = D/DC/DCONWAY/Text-Autoformat-1.04.tar.gz
CALLED_FOR Text::Autoformat
CONTAINSMODS Text::Autoformat

MD5_STATUS
localfile
yes/sources/authors/id/D/DC/DCONWAY/Text-Autoformat-1.04.tar.gz

I'd recommend removing
yes/sources/authors/id/D/DC/DCONWAY/Text-Autoformat-1.04.tar.gz. It
seems
be a bogus file. Maybe you have configured your `urllist' with a
bad URL. Please check this array with `o conf urllist', and
retry.

Fetching with LWP:
ftp://ftp.perl.org/pub/CPAN/authors...ONWAY/CHECKSUMS
yes/sources/authors/id/D/DC/DCONWAY/Text-Autoformat-1.04.tar.gz: No
such file or
directory
Checksum mismatch for distribution file. Please investigate.

Distribution id = D/DC/DCONWAY/Text-Autoformat-1.04.tar.gz
CALLED_FOR Text::Autoformat
CONTAINSMODS Text::Autoformat

MD5_STATUS
localfile
yes/sources/authors/id/D/DC/DCONWAY/Text-Autoformat-1.04.tar.gz

I'd recommend removing
yes/sources/authors/id/D/DC/DCONWAY/Text-Autoformat-1.04.tar.gz. It
seems
be a bogus file. Maybe you have configured your `urllist' with a
bad URL. Please check this array with `o conf urllist', and
retry.

sh: yes/sources/authors/id/D/DC/DCONWAY/Text-Autoformat-1.04.tar.gz:
No such fil
e or directory
Could not open >yes/build/DCONWAY000/Makefile.PL at (eval 26) line
4219

Sun, 16 Nov 2003 08:04:55 GMT
 Problem installing CPAN modules

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Problem installing CPAN modules
OK... I'm installing manually on my virtual host and now I'm coming up
with the following error

Warning: I could not locate your pod2man program. Please make sure,
your pod2man program is in your PATH before you execute 'make'

I'm assuming the below errors were some sort of corruption and/or a
permissions problem on my end being unable to install in the root...
can anyone help me with the pod2man problem?

Quote:

> [...]

>Checksum mismatch for distribution file. Please investigate.

>Distribution id = D/DC/DCONWAY/Text-Autoformat-1.04.tar.gz
>CALLED_FOR Text::Autoformat
>CONTAINSMODS Text::Autoformat

>MD5_STATUS
>localfile
>yes/sources/authors/id/D/DC/DCONWAY/Text-Autoformat-1.04.tar.gz

>I'd recommend removing
>yes/sources/authors/id/D/DC/DCONWAY/Text-Autoformat-1.04.tar.gz. It
>seems
>be a bogus file. Maybe you have configured your `urllist' with a
>bad URL. Please check this array with `o conf urllist', and
>retry.

>sh: yes/sources/authors/id/D/DC/DCONWAY/Text-Autoformat-1.04.tar.gz:
>No such fil
>e or directory
>Could not open >yes/build/DCONWAY000/Makefile.PL at (eval 26) line

Sun, 16 Nov 2003 10:36:57 GMT
 Problem installing CPAN modules

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Problem installing CPAN modules

Quote:
> I'm a bit new to perl but I was successful in installing some of the
> modules. Here are the commands I used. I ended up getting the errors
> below on some of the modules. It seems that a bunch of the modules are
> corrupt/bad checksum and I find it hard to believe that there are
> problems with so many of these -- including the Bundle::CPAN which I
> was told could be installed and I also got the same checksum/bogus
> file warning. Does anyone know what all this means and how I can
> install the missing modules?
> Commands I used:
> bash%   perl -MCPAN -e shell
[ .. ]
> Errors I received from some of the modules:
> cpan> install DBI
> Running make for T/TI/TIMB/DBI-1.15.tar.gz
> Unwrapped into directory yes/build/TIMB000
> CPAN.pm: Going to build T/TI/TIMB/DBI-1.15.tar.gz
> Couldn't chdir yes/build/TIMB000: No such file or directory at (eval
> 26) line 42

It sounds like you have a misconfigured CPAN/Config.pm or perhaps
$HOME/.cpan/CPAN/MyConfig.pm, as it's trying to access the
directory "yes/" (unless this directory really does exist).
In particular, what value does 'build_dir' have? You can
change CPAN.pm's configuration options within the CPAN shell
through the 'o conf' command - see 'perldoc CPAN'.

best regards,
randy kobes

Sun, 16 Nov 2003 22:30:59 GMT

1. Problem installing CPAN modules

2. problems installing CPAN modules on Win98, using nmake

3. module install problems with cpan module and gcc?

4. CPAN module install problems

5. Help Installing Modules (CPAN) problems

6. Problem: Installing Modules with CPAN.pm

7. CPAN module Tk::BLT::Table install problem

8. newbie: howto install CPAN module in my home

9. ARCHLIB for CPAN-installed modules

10. how to install perl CPAN module on server

11. CPAN module install?

12. where to install cpan modules