Perl is Dead, dead, dead!
Author Message
 Perl is Dead, dead, dead!

The quality of professionalism in this news group demonstrates while Perl is
dead and why Microsoft and ASP is alive.  Perl was never designed to be
secure and is plagued with problems.  Put your money in MSFT, Active X, and
Active Server Pages.  Perl is a bygone product.  Thanks Larry Wall for a
temporary solution to some internet programming problems. I wouldnt buy two
cents in Perl stocks.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Perl is Dead, dead, dead!

  GCN> The quality of professionalism in this news group demonstrates
  GCN> while Perl is dead and why Microsoft and ASP is alive.  Perl was
  GCN> never designed to be secure and is plagued with problems.  Put
  GCN> your money in MSFT, Active X, and Active Server Pages.  Perl is a
  GCN> bygone product.  Thanks Larry Wall for a temporary solution to
  GCN> some internet programming problems. I wouldn't buy two cents
  GCN> in Perl stocks.

there is no stock for perl (other than the routier company), so you
can't invest you hard wan bucks there. as for perl being dead, why do
you care, and if it is so, why do you use it? can't find a wwwboard with
bugs written in vb that you don't have to pay for?

also someone has reported to me that you are accusing me on your site of
cracking it. that is SLANDER. if you don't remove that immediately and
post a public apology, i will SUE YOUR ASS from alaska to alabama. don't
think i won't do it. you WILL lose your site for all those electricians
so fix it now.

and stay out of this group. all you do is whine like a little baby. we
don't change diapers here.

uri

--

SYStems ARCHitecture, Software Engineering, Perl, Internet, UNIX Consulting
The Perl Books Page  -----------  http://www.sysarch.com/cgi-bin/perl_books

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Perl is Dead, dead, dead!

: The quality of professionalism in this news group demonstrates while Perl is
: dead and why Microsoft and ASP is alive.  Perl was never designed to be
: secure and is plagued with problems.  Put your money in MSFT, Active X, and
: Active Server Pages.  Perl is a bygone product.  Thanks Larry Wall for a
: temporary solution to some internet programming problems. I wouldnt buy two
: cents in Perl stocks.

Wow, only January 6 and already we have a solid candidate for funniest
post of the year.  I particularly like the 'Perl stocks' part.  Well done,
Gerald!

--

 --*--  http://www.cinenet.net/users/cberry/home.html
   |   "Buy and sell 'your soul' and millions of
      other items at eBay" - dogpile.com

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Perl is Dead, dead, dead!
Your not worth wasting time on. You must have got your head up your ass to
come out with this statment. Or maybe you just want some attention because
you cant think of anything intelligent to say.

Either way your still a war mungering {*filter*}er

.

Quote:

>The quality of professionalism in this news group demonstrates while Perl
is
>dead and why Microsoft and ASP is alive.  Perl was never designed to be
>secure and is plagued with problems.  Put your money in MSFT, Active X, and
>Active Server Pages.  Perl is a bygone product.  Thanks Larry Wall for a
>temporary solution to some internet programming problems. I wouldnt buy
two
>cents in Perl stocks.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Perl is Dead, dead, dead!

Quote:

>The quality of professionalism in this news group demonstrates while Perl is
>dead and why Microsoft and ASP is alive.
>Put your money in MSFT, Active X, and Active Server Pages.

I'm sure that one day you'll live to regret this decision.

--
        Bart.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Perl is Dead, dead, dead!

Quote:

> also someone has reported to me that you are accusing me on your site of
> cracking it. that is SLANDER. if you don't remove that immediately and
> post a public apology, i will SUE YOUR ASS from alaska to alabama. don't
> think i won't do it. you WILL lose your site for all those electricians
> so fix it now.

Specifically it says :

   Posted by Gerald Newton on January 05, 2000 at 17:08:56:

   A hacker who I think is Uri Guttman who hangs out a a newsgroup
   comp.lang.perl.misc placed 352,000 bytes of Hi from Matt in the old
   bb and erased everything else. This was because I made a post there
   praising Matt Wright for creating such a fine bb script that he lets
   everyone use. The hackers that use that news group were very upset and
   posted a replies saying that Matt Wright was not a good perl programmer
   and that his bulletin boards could be hacked - so they did the job. I
   am turning them into the FBI, but I doubt if anything is done about it.

I think that he is accusing *all* of us.

/J\
--
"Virtual reality wouldn't be this wet" - Lucas, Seaquest DSV

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Perl is Dead, dead, dead!

Quote:

>> also someone has reported to me that you are accusing me on your site of
>> cracking it. that is SLANDER. if you don't remove that immediately and
>> post a public apology, i will SUE YOUR ASS from alaska to alabama. don't
>> think i won't do it. you WILL lose your site for all those electricians
>> so fix it now.

>Specifically it says :

>   Posted by Gerald Newton on January 05, 2000 at 17:08:56:

>   A hacker who I think is Uri Guttman who hangs out a a newsgroup
>   comp.lang.perl.misc placed 352,000 bytes of Hi from Matt in the old
>   bb and erased everything else. This was because I made a post there
>   praising Matt Wright for creating such a fine bb script that he lets
>   everyone use. The hackers that use that news group were very upset and
>   posted a replies saying that Matt Wright was not a good perl programmer
>   and that his bulletin boards could be hacked - so they did the job. I
>   am turning them into the FBI, but I doubt if anything is done about it.

>I think that he is accusing *all* of us.

He does say 'I think is'. I don't know if that works as a disclaimer under
US law.

I just noticed the 'so they did the job'. The context indicates that
anyone who posted a reply that said that Matt Wright's code wasn't
very good is being accussed of a crime with no proof whatsoever.

Of course the other page says: 'The hacker is Uri Guttman'. That must be
slander or libel or whatever it is called. Against Uri anyway. And that
page is still linked from the http://www.*-*-*.com/ (you just
have to use the "I don't like the NEW Millennium..." link.

I encourage Uri to sue if he has a reasonable chance of success. I'd even
be willing to pay a very small fraction of the legal bill (I'm not rich,
and the Australian dollar .vs. US dollar thing makes me even less rich
for this purpose) since for some strange reason that I can't put my
finger on I really don't like Mr Newton. Of course the trivial amount I
could afford would probably cover about ten seconds of legal advice.

People that threaten physical {*filter*} against people they have never
met (that's how I interpreted a quote anyway) seem to end up in the
"I don't like you" basket for me.

Oh well, I guess I'll just go home now and see how it all pans out in the
morning.

If anyone is looking for a chuckle then Mr Newton's resume has some strange
ways of expressing things: http://www.*-*-*.com/

"Since 1982 have owned and used 6 Computers using Windows 95."
  Wow I hadn't even heard of Windows 95 in 1982.

"Windows applications including:... HTML"
  And all this time I thought it was a markup language.

This time I can find no way of including any perl content. Oh well I guess
I'll get added to a few more killfiles. Then again that has a positive,
I answer more than ask here, so the very people that always find my
mistakes won't read them... I'll look really smart to everyone else... cool.

--
Sam

This was for Linux, but since we all know that "platform independent"
means "runs on both BSD and Linux", this should be ok. :-)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Perl is Dead, dead, dead!

Quote:

>People that threaten physical {*filter*} against people they have never
>met (that's how I interpreted a quote anyway) seem to end up in the
>"I don't like you" basket for me.

He DID utter physical threats toward Uri. Here's a quote from one of his
other posts:

Quote:

--
        Bart.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Perl is Dead, dead, dead!

Quote:

> If anyone is looking for a chuckle then Mr Newton's resume has some strange
> ways of expressing things: http://www.electrician.com/resume.htm

He also seemed to have put on 5 kilos since that resume, he threatened
Uri with

Quote:
> I probably could crush you with my right hand. You see, I am an
> electrician, big, strong and powerful. 6' 2", 270 pounds that could crush
> you like a cheese cake.

- Alex

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Perl is Dead, dead, dead!

Quote:

>The quality of professionalism in this news group demonstrates while Perl
is
>dead and why Microsoft and ASP is alive.  Perl was never designed to be
>secure and is plagued with problems.  Put your money in MSFT, Active X, and
>Active Server Pages.  Perl is a bygone product.  Thanks Larry Wall for a
>temporary solution to some internet programming problems. I wouldnt buy
two
>cents in Perl stocks.

i think i know why he is ager at perl
look at his pervious posting.

Well congratulations hacker. And I think I know who you are.  I am reporting
you to the FBI - you have committed a federal and State of Alaska crime.
The Alaska State Troopers have a unit that investigates computer crime and
you have been reported.  Also, the FBI has a division that concentrates on
computer crime.  This incident occurred after I mad several posts
congratulating Matt Wright.  Several persons at this newsgroup were
extremely upset at those post.  Some sent threatening email and that too is
being given to the FBI.  The bulletin board was used freely by electricians
throughout the US, but the hackers here cannot allow that can they.  I hope
you are apprehended and sent to prison.

i think someone use the matt writing script flaw and crack his system
perl is perfect ( * sorta * )
but its always the programmer fault that make in secure program

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Perl is Dead, dead, dead!

Quote:
> The quality of professionalism in this news group...

Yeah, but, the real pros are running the Internet, not
trolling newsgroups. Your statistical sample is flawed
by bias in this case.

Quote:
> Perl is a bygone product.

Anyone who says that ought to look at the history of COBOL. It's ben a
bygone product for 20 years or more, and is still going strong.

Scott

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Perl is Dead, dead, dead!

  GCN> while Perl is dead and why Microsoft and ASP is alive.  Perl was
  GCN> never designed to be secure and is plagued with problems.  Put
  GCN> your money in MSFT, Active X, and Active Server Pages.  Perl is a
  GCN> bygone product.  Thanks Larry Wall for a temporary solution to
  GCN> some internet programming problems. I wouldn't buy two cents
  GCN> in Perl stocks.

this twit seems to also think 'perl' eq 'cgi'. the fact that most perl
code does not do cgi is lost in his hollow cranium. try using any of
those redmond technologies to do sysadmin tasks, text and data
processing or the myriad of other perl projects out there.

uri (the non-cracker (in both computer and southern senses))

BTW i hand demoronized the quote of his post. emacs won't let me post
wacko control chars without my permission.

--

SYStems ARCHitecture, Software Engineering, Perl, Internet, UNIX Consulting
The Perl Books Page  -----------  http://www.sysarch.com/cgi-bin/perl_books
The Best Search Engine on the Net  ----------  http://www.northernlight.com

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Perl is Dead, dead, dead!

> > Perl is a bygone product.

> Anyone who says that ought to look at the history of COBOL. It's ben a
> bygone product for 20 years or more, and is still going strong.

Old quote from someone back in the Dark Ages:  "I don't know what
they'll be programming in in the year 2000, but whatever it is, it will
be called fortran."

You do know that there has been Object-Oriented Cobol for a decade or
so...

--
(Just Another Larry) Rosler
Hewlett-Packard Laboratories

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Perl is Dead, dead, dead!

Quote:
>The quality of professionalism in this news group demonstrates while Perl is
>dead and why Microsoft and ASP is alive.  Perl was never designed to be
>secure and is plagued with problems.  Put your money in MSFT, Active X, and
>Active Server Pages.

I maintain some ASP pages in Java and VB script, but anything new gets done in
PerlScript. See, even with ASP, perl is still the best solution, and far from
dead.

Quote:
> I wouldnt buy twocents in Perl stocks.

Nor should you. But that statement shows that you just don't have a clue.
You seem to be somewhat computer savvy for an electrician (I am not
knocking electricians, really! ), but then Matt Wright was probably computer
savvy for a 14 year old, and I wouldn't pay two cents for his scripts.

Your post on alt.crime also shows that you don't have much of a clue
about Usenet either. It does not exist for the sole purpose of your
local ISP; you ought to email them your problems instead of expecting
them to read thousands of newsgroups just so they can find your post.

Good Luck in the new Millenium,
Douglas Wilson

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Perl is Dead, dead, dead!

Quote:
> Perl is a bygone product>

in that case, you can forego any further postings here i guess . . .
--
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge...others just gargle.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

 [ 25 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. Perl4 is dead dead dead

2. !!! STOP POSTING HERE -- THIS GROUP IS DEAD DEAD DEAD !!!

3. Perl's brain-dead floating point math

4. perl 5.x idea: Wizardry, or dead end?

5. Sorry guys, perl is dead

6. Perl 4 is dead (not for oraperl!)

7. $30 bounty dead or alive for curseperl solaris 2.3

8. unloading dead modules

9. dead pipes

10. dead loop using while(<FILE>)

11. Is Mason dead? Was: MasonCompRoot and globs

12. Tkperl: is it dead?