script output to a file
Author Message
 script output to a file

How do i make a script write its output to a specific location in a
file, so that the area is separated by html comments and only the area
between the comments gets overwritten.
Is it difficult to do?

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 script output to a file

Quote:

> How do i make a script write its output to a specific location in a
> file, so that the area is separated by html comments and only the area
> between the comments gets overwritten.
> Is it difficult to do?

Look in perlfaq5 under "How do I change one line in a file/delete a line
in a file/insert a line in the middle of a file/append to the
beginning of a file?".  You do have documentation, don't you?

HTH
--
Mark Kahn

PGP Fingerprint20 = FEF0 1F3F 94C0 EE77 790B  45EA B1C0 262A D7E0 C865

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. redirecting output from one perl script to a file (withough changing the perl script itself)

2. Output of a perl script to a file

3. error opening a pdf file output from perl script

4. changing the output file for every script run

5. Getting Leading Space in Script Output File---HELP

6. Embedded script & output files

7. Advice on script: problem opening file for output

8. script outputting file instead of html page

9. In search of file searching script,output,every line occurance occurs

10. Perl script to combine GIFS to file or output

11. output a binary file to browser from perl script

12. output date to file with CGI script