Question on using grep to retrive directory on Windows NT workstation 4.0 FAT16
Author Message
 Question on using grep to retrive directory on Windows NT workstation 4.0 FAT16

the following code is used:

close(FH);

I noticed that sometimes it doesn't return the directory in $basedir.

Is this a compatibility problem? If so, what is your suggestion?

Thanks!!!

Mon, 28 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Question on using grep to retrive directory on Windows NT workstation 4.0 FAT16
: the following code is used:

: opendir(FH,$basedir);

                         ^  ^
                         ^  ^ please post real code, cut/paste don't type it
: close(FH);

: I noticed that sometimes it doesn't return the directory in $basedir.

: Is this a compatibility problem? If so, what is your suggestion?

   1)

   I suggest checking to see if the opendir() call actually
   opened the directory:

      opendir(FH, $basedir) || die "could not open '$basedir'  $!";

   2)   (I myself forgot this in a post this week, thanks LarryR)

   your -d test is looking in the *current directory*, which
   may be different from $basedir...

--
    Tad McClellan                          SGML Consulting

    Fort Worth, Texas

Mon, 28 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Question on using grep to retrive directory on Windows NT workstation 4.0 FAT16

Quote:

>: the following code is used:

>: opendir(FH,$basedir);

>                         ^  ^
>                         ^  ^ please post real code, cut/paste don't type it
>: close(FH);

>: I noticed that sometimes it doesn't return the directory in $basedir.

>: Is this a compatibility problem? If so, what is your suggestion?

>   1)

>   I suggest checking to see if the opendir() call actually
>   opened the directory:

>      opendir(FH, $basedir) || die "could not open '$basedir'  $!";

>   2)   (I myself forgot this in a post this week, thanks LarryR)

>   your -d test is looking in the *current directory*, which
>   may be different from $basedir...

After few hours of looking at the code, I finally realized that I forgot to
use the full pathname. Thanks anyway!

Mon, 28 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Perl binaries for Windows NT 4.0 Workstation

2. setting up perl 5 to work on windows nt workstation 4.0 with peer web services

3. Automation of NT 4.0 Workstation Installation

4. Having problems installing Windows NT Server 4.0

5. DB_File file size limit under Windows NT 4.0?

6. Windows NT 4.0 Scripting

7. Newbie: Does DBI work with ActiveState Perl on Windows NT 4.0

8. Perl 5.0 in Windows NT Server 4.0?

9. rmdir and Windows NT 4.0

10. Embedding Perl on Windows NT 4.0

11. backticks not working fine on Perl 5 - Windows NT 4.0 peer web server

12. Need, not Needed: Perl/CGI Programmer with knowledge of Windows NT 4.0/Index Server