looking for simple browser - cgi compatible -not lynx -not netscape
Author Message
 looking for simple browser - cgi compatible -not lynx -not netscape

Hello group,

I am trying to find a simple browser for my Linux box that will allow me

to test my CGI scripts. I downloaded netscape for Linux but it has a few

problems (like taking a century to load). I do not need internet
connectivity. The purpose of this is just to have a test area for my CGI

scripts. I already have an HTTP server running, I just need the browser.

Thanks. joseph

--

104,97,99,107,101,114,32,106,111,115,101,112,104,32,78,111,114,114,105,115,10);

Mon, 06 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 looking for simple browser - cgi compatible -not lynx -not netscape

Quote:

> I am trying to find a simple browser for my Linux box that will allow me
> to test my CGI scripts.

You don't need a browser or server to test CGI scripts. If you're not sure
how to test your CGI scripts, you'll find more information about them in
docs, FAQs, and newsgroups about CGI scripting. If you're using a Perl
module such as CGI.pm, you'll also find good information in that module's
docs. Hope this helps!

Tue, 07 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 looking for simple browser - cgi compatible -not lynx -not netscape

Quote:
> Hello group,

> I am trying to find a simple browser for my Linux box that will allow me
> to test my CGI scripts. I downloaded netscape for Linux but it has a few

Get lynx.
Write a simple client with libwww to do it.
If you use CGI, you can test and debug without a browser,

Now... What did this have to do with perl again?

Martien
--
Martien Verbruggen                      |
Webmaster www.tradingpost.com.au        | "In a world without fences,

Tue, 07 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Perl Problem with Netscape, but not lynx...

2. CGI.pm -- problem with popup_menu in LYNX browser

3. the perl cgi program works at IE but not netscape

4. Problem with CGI in IE but not Netscape

5. CGI.pm-reset not working w/ Netscape

6. LWP and HTTPS script not working via browser/CGI calls

7. perl CGI output not shown in browser

8. CGI outputs to DOS not browser

9. Perl5 vs. MajorDomo (WARNING: NOT COMPATIBLE YET)

10. Perl 5.004_03 and Time::HiRes not compatible?

11. - Help please: Perl script not Y2K compatible

12. shellwords.pl is not Shell compatible