New-2-Perl: Script output to Browser not working
Author Message
 New-2-Perl: Script output to Browser not working

New install of Perl 5.6.1 on Windows 2000 Server.  I have tested my Perl
script (ie. C:\>perl testscript.cgi) and it works fine.  However, I cannot
run the script from a browser (ie
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ).  I am running IIS that comes
with 2000 Server and permissions to the cgi-bin directory has been set to
run scripts.
Can someone that has Perl working on Windows 2000 give assistance?
Thanks!
JH

Tue, 27 Jul 2004 05:50:29 GMT
 New-2-Perl: Script output to Browser not working

Quote:

> New install of Perl 5.6.1 on Windows 2000 Server.  I have tested my Perl
> script (ie. C:\>perl testscript.cgi) and it works fine.  However, I
> cannot run the script from a browser (ie
> http://www.mysite.com/cgi-bin/testscript.cgi).  I am running IIS that
> comes with 2000 Server and permissions to the cgi-bin directory has been
> set to run scripts.
> Can someone that has Perl working on Windows 2000 give assistance?
> Thanks!
> JH

http://www.mysite.com/cgi-bin/testscript.cgi+arguments

I don't know what your script does, so I can't say much more.  You would
usually have to feed it arguments to get results.

If all else fails, go to Linux+Apache (better off there anyway).

--Eric

Tue, 27 Jul 2004 07:33:09 GMT

1. Perl ISAPI Not Working: script product no output

2. LWP and HTTPS script not working via browser/CGI calls

3. Scripts work from shell but not browser

4. perl CGI output not shown in browser

5. Browser saves (not shows) Perl Output

6. Perl Win32 not working with browser...

7. Sending output only to browser, not to user...

8. CGI outputs to DOS not browser

9. not able to output to browser

10. output in shell, but not in browser?

11. output a binary file to browser from perl script