stored procedure without using Win32::OLE
Author Message
 stored procedure without using Win32::OLE

I am trying to execute a stored procedure without using Win32::OLE.

When I use the following code, I get back "The object
'sp_Get_POSMvmtStats' does not exist in database 'ESS'"

use Win32::ADO;
use OLE;
$query_stmt = "sp_Get_POSMvmtStats $rtlr_nch_rqst_num, $actual_lines,
$actual_bytes, $rtlr_num";
$RS = $Conn->Execute($query_stmt);
   if(!$RS) {
      $errors = $Conn->Errors();
      print "errors:\n";
      foreach $error (keys %$errors) {
         print $error->{Description}, "\n";
      }
      die;
   }

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong. I am not using Win32::OLE because I
have not seen good examples that execute stored procedures.

Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 stored procedure without using Win32::OLE

Quote:

> I am trying to execute a stored procedure without using Win32::OLE.

> When I use the following code, I get back "The object
> 'sp_Get_POSMvmtStats' does not exist in database 'ESS'"

> use Win32::ADO;
> use OLE;

ARGHHH!!!...

Don't "use OLE;"
Do "use Win32::OLE;".

use OLE is deprecated. For very good reasons.

Quote:
> Any ideas on what I am doing wrong. I am not using Win32::OLE because I
> have not seen good examples that execute stored procedures.

Did you check the Perl-Win32-Database FAQ?

Matt.

Sat, 29 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Win32::OLE|ADO - ADO, Stored Procedure and output parameters

2. LONG: Req: Help in retrieving values from SQL Server stored procedure using Win32::ODBC

3. Executing Stored Procedures using Win32::ODBC

4. Opening ADODB.Connection using Win32::OLE without User ID/Password

5. Win32::ODBC Problem with stored procedures

6. Trouble calling VFP stored procedures with Win32::ODBC

7. Win32::ODBC and Oracle stored procedures

8. Win32::ODBC and stored procedures?

9. Stored Procedures & Win32::odbc

10. Win32::ODBC and MSSQL Stored Procedures

11. Win32::ODBC Problem with stored procedures

12. HELP: Need a little help on using PerlV5.003 with a Sybase stored procedure