Free Pizza for Win32 Tk::JPEG compiled AS or GSAR
Author Message
 Free Pizza for Win32 Tk::JPEG compiled AS or GSAR

I give up.  I've tried lying, stealing and cheating and I still
can't get Perl to compile (with Tk) under Win32 (specifically,
Windows 95).

I really don't want to invest in Win NT for a stable command
interpreter and the README.win32 says it's required for VC++, I just
don't have the hardware for NT.  Win 95 won't run CygWin's bash in anything
that resembles "stable".  (CygWin's bash is pure guano under 95.)
I won't buy a Microsoft product, and so I'm stuck with a borrowed,
antiquated VC++ compiler (4.0) that just isn't cutting it.

My customer requires a Win32 port, so the One True OS is out of
the question.  *sigh*

So, I'm offering a free pizza to anyone, anywhere in the world who
can give me a compiled version of Tk::JPEG that's ready to drop into
one of the Win32 Perl ports.  I'd prefer ActiveState since GSAR's
port is becoming a bit dated.

        My work E-Mail will be disconnected in

|  Clinton A. Pierce    |   "If you rush a Miracle Man,   | http://www.  |
|                       |     you get rotten miracles"    | dcicorp.com/ |

GCSd-s+:+a-C++UALIS++++P+++L++E---t++X+b+++DI++++G++e+>++h----r+++y+++>y*

Sun, 08 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Free Pizza for Win32 Tk::JPEG compiled AS or GSAR
[Posted and mailed]

Quote:

> So, I'm offering a free pizza to anyone, anywhere in the world who
> can give me a compiled version of Tk::JPEG that's ready to drop into
> one of the Win32 Perl ports.  I'd prefer ActiveState since GSAR's
> port is becoming a bit dated.

Install the latest ActiveState, then use its perl package manager to
obtain the Tk module from ActiveState.  I would assume that it includes
the JPEG stuff, but I could be wrong...

--
David B. White
IBM Microelectronics, Circuit Verification & Design Tools

Phone: 802-769-5671     (TieLine: 446)     Fax: 802-769-5722

Sun, 08 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Free Pizza for Win32 Tk::JPEG compiled AS or GSAR

Quote:
>[Posted and mailed]

>> So, I'm offering a free pizza to anyone, anywhere in the world who
>> can give me a compiled version of Tk::JPEG that's ready to drop into
>> one of the Win32 Perl ports.  I'd prefer ActiveState since GSAR's
>> port is becoming a bit dated.

>Install the latest ActiveState, then use its perl package manager to
>obtain the Tk module from ActiveState.  I would assume that it includes
>the JPEG stuff, but I could be wrong...

Should have made this clear, ActiveState's port currently does
not include the Tk::JPEG module--just the standard Tk stuff AFAIK,
and JPEG is not in there.

--
"If you rush a Miracle Man, you get rotten miracles"
                     --Miracle Max, The Princess Bride

Sun, 08 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Free Pizza for Win32 Tk::JPEG compiled AS or GSAR

2. Problems compiling Tk::JPEG

3. Problems compiling Tk::JPEG

4. Tk::JPEG for Win32, anybody?

5. Tk::JPEG WIN32

6. Tk-JPEG-2.012 and Win32 5.005_02

7. TK::Jpeg on win32

8. problem with tk or tk:jpeg memory usage

9. Tk::PNG and Tk::JPeg module Problem

10. Solution found - Perl Module Tk::JPEG is not compatible with Tk

11. problem with tk or tk:jpeg memory usage

12. Help Tk::Jpeg and Tk 800.023